• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

? about my POF P308 serial number-10-00001

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
my pof p-308 18" barrel has serial number 10-00001, i have had this awhile and never noticed it before, could this really be the first one that came off the line? does anyone know how POF has run/now runs their serial numbers for the p308? thanks

Re: ? about my POF P308 serial number-10-00001

I believe that would be the first receiver made in 2010.
Still cool.
A hot item amongst computer programers who shoot.

thanks, i thought it might be but it was quite a surprise...do you know if they changed the serial number sequence when they went to the other length barrels? mine is 18" and they switched at some point to 16.5.

I'm pretty sure it's arbitrary because their serial numbers don't jump around as they would if you assigned "blocks", or used a dewy decimal type system.

I have owned this rifle for at least seven or eight years. It's lazer and was happy to get it from the OP. Great rifled never had a single problem with it.

Last edited:
my pof p-308 18" barrel has serial number 10-00001, i have had this awhile and never noticed it before, could this really be the first one that came off the line? does anyone know how POF has run/now runs their serial numbers for the p308? thanks
Know this is an old thread, but from P.O.F. ....... The first 2 numbers are the year produced. the following 5 are the sequence.