• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

About Wilcox RAPTAR-S

Sisan_03

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2019
Hi everybody! First of all, I'm not a native English speaker so I'll make a lot grammar mistakes. I'm sorry about it.

I have a question about the Wilcox RAPTAR-S. So far I couldn't test it so here is my question:
I have it attached to a S&B PMII in an AI AXMC. I zeroed it at, in example, 100m, so it lights my POA at that distance. When I press the laser button it calculates the firing solution at that given range, I know, but does it change the POA of the laser? I mean, if the distance is, let's say 1250m, and the elevation is 11.9 mils, does the laser downs 11.9 mil to light the new POA to match the POA of my scope?

Does anyone have experience about it? I'm looking for an "how to use" the RAPTAR-S but I can't find anything. And the operator's manual say nothing...

Thanks in advance!! Stay safe 💪

A 100M zero WILL have a pretty huge variance at 1250M. You want to zero at the furthest distance possible which gives you as close to parallel as you'd ever need.

If you use your 100M zero when ranging, if you dial your turret to take the shot, be cognizant that your Raptar S will have moved and you will need to adjust by the amount you dialed to accruately range or dial back to yoru zero.

Also: If you use the Raptar S fire button, it will shift your zero slightly, but it takes it 1~ second to return a range so if you're fast, it may not be that big of a deal. The solution is to use the remote cable trigger and mount it in a convenient location.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sisan_03
A 100M zero WILL have a pretty huge variance at 1250M. You want to zero at the furthest distance possible which gives you as close to parallel as you'd ever need.
Yes, you're right. I have to change it. Thanks.

If you use your 100M zero when ranging, if you dial your turret to take the shot, be cognizant that your Raptar S will have moved and you will need to adjust by the amount you dialed to accruately range or dial back to yoru zero.
So it doesn't shift to the new POA, doesn't it? Thanks again!

That is the hardest thing to remember. You have to keep your turret at its zero setting before you range

Reactions: Sisan_03
Another way to zero, if you hold over, in a manner that gets you some level of middle road is:

Figure out your max range, call it 1250M. Figure out how many mils that is, and zero your laser at whatever 50% of that value is. It should get you fairly close to 5-6 mills depending on caliber.

This method is great for speed because you're already in the wheelhouse of where you're likely aiming as opposed to jumping all over your reticle after you range. It's a small benefit, but worthy to think about.

Reactions: Nik H and Sisan_03