• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ABS Carbon wrap question

ArcticFun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
I've been doing a tab bit of research on this subject and I 'assume' it can be done but haven't found any confirmation of it yet. So the question is this: Can a Surefire muzzlebreak with the QD setup to run a suppresor be run, with or without a suppresor, on an ABS Carbon wrapped barrel? If so does anyone have a picture of what it looks like?

Re: ABS Carbon wrap question

If they left enough room on the end of the barrel for the threading, it should. Just remember, after a few rounds through a carbon wrapped barrel, you get A LOT of barrel mirage and it's difficult to see the target.

chad is correct mirage bands are your friends on carbon or shoot really slow or in really cold temps

I hear a lot of conflicting reports about mirage... Some say it is horrible while others say it is non existent. Geuss I'll cross that bridge when I get there though. Anyone have a picture of what I have in mind? I can't find a thing.

This site has pictures of both breaks and suppressors on carbon barrels. While I do not have any guns built by KK, he seems to make a good product and may be able to give you an answer on mirage.

I see it some on my ABS barrels but it have never been a problem for me but then again I'm not a professional group shooter.

Jense Precision

Thanks. I just emailed them with my questions so we will see how it pans out. I'll share what I find out here, hopefully with some pictures. Thanks guys.

When you talk to Degerness ask him to either ship the barrels that Seth B. paid for or send him a refund. It's been two years now, he should have something in hand.