• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Absolutely Stop Posting WTB Posts

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    You all need to immediately stop posting WTB Posts regardless of where you post them

WTB are absolutely nothing but Spammer Bait, and you need to stop asking to rip you off

I am dead serious they are using gmail now, I just nuked a dozen gmail accounts, I have a feeling there are dozen working right now but hey are blocking the IP with the Hide my IP stuff so it prevents me from seeing the connections to other accounts

Please, of all things Holy do not post willing to buy, and abso - fucking- lutely report anything with a low message count trying to offer you something. If you get a PM with any kind of offer, my friend, me, him, the other guy, report that account

We have to stop feeding the scammers, and you guys are the only way

super easy!
    go to your profile
    under password and security, at the top you will see turn on two factor identification.
    Turn it on!
    follow directions for sign in.
    This just allows for a "double check" if you are you.

What it does is
    You log in with user name and password... system says "hmm is this really you?" It then sends an email (to the email you have listed in your profile) with a code for you to then input and the system says "oh good nice to see ya welcome!"
    for all who are worried no it doesn't do this every time. Only new devices and every 30 days.

I am looking for a stock for a savage model 12 it should have been posted under bolt action rifles sorry but one thing I can guarantee I have never fucked anyone out of anything so you can go fuck your self and take your form and shove it up your fucking ass I have never been treated like this on any form so again go fuck you’re self

I am looking for a stock for a savage model 12 it should have been posted under bolt action rifles sorry but one thing I can guarantee I have never fucked anyone out of anything so you can go fuck your self and take your form and shove it up your fucking ass I have never been treated like this on any form so again go fuck you’re self
    Maybe try posting on a day when you’re not having your period.

Hey @Lowlight can we leave this one up for a little bit? He seems like he could be entertaining… :ROFLMAO:

Sell the Savage

It will make you a happier person and less likely to want other men to shove things in their ass..
    6D731565-338D-471F-AE54-AF8B4D4E46E4.gif

FYI you’ll need to be a contributing member with supporter status

And this goes in the px

Your welcome 😘

Reactions: Anb618 and lash

71C9CAD4-2946-4180-85CC-21F6F0BB30F9.jpeg

1680999389581.jpeg

So you’ve been here four years and never read the rules? Smooth move. You posted a wanted to buy in a non PX forum without and upgraded account. Something tells me that the other forums you’ve been a member of specialize in those that have learning issues…🤷🏻‍♂️

my teacher would have marked that shit up like above..
    You guys better stop fucking with Gator. He sounds like a bad motherfucker..
    I bet he owns a quigley ford and you guys know what that means..

• Haha
    Reactions: Rog2069 and lash
    mount that quigley-ford to that piece of shit; you’ll not need a new stock.

Bored cat.gif

For the record I didn’t ban him
    And would have let him run wild longer

I’m a glutton that way

@Lowlight, in light of the new rule is the "WTB" thread categorization for going to be turned off for the PX threads, because new WTB threads are still popping up. I'd speculate they haven't seen the updated rules, or just think so long as it's enabled that it's still a viable avenue to utilize.

Or, if it's left on to bait the dumbasses into a stupidity induced ban, well, I agree with that as well.

@Lowlight, in light of the new rule is the "WTB" thread categorization for going to be turned off for the PX threads, because new WTB threads are still popping up. I'd speculate they haven't seen the updated rules, or just think so long as it's enabled that it's still a viable avenue to utilize.

Or, if it's left on to bait the dumbasses into a stupidity induced ban, well, I agree with that as well.
    100%. I was unaware of this rule change until someone posted in my thread.

Reactions: C Cape
    Sad this has to happen because people can't verify a deal, a guy that joined yesterday that just so happens to have what you want at a crazy deal is about as real as the Easter bunny..
    What’s really weird, is that it’s actual “gun people” not some fucking Nigerian.. it’s really disgusting.. back in the day, like (2) years ago, gun people = good people.
    The only ones trying to scam on gun forums were random foreigners that knew jack shit about firearms.. it was pretty easy to spot.. and if you demanded they call you before you done a deal, it was very obvious within 30 seconds whether it was a scam…. Now it’s an English speaking guy that actually knows some shit.

What’s really weird, is that it’s actual “gun people” not some fucking Nigerian.. it’s really disgusting.. back in the day, like (2) years ago, gun people = good people.
    The only ones trying to scam on gun forums were random foreigners that knew jack shit about firearms.. it was pretty easy to spot.. and if you demanded they call you before you done a deal, it was very obvious within 30 seconds whether it was a scam…. Now it’s an English speaking guy that actually knows some shit.

THEIS broke the mold… 😐

Perhaps not so popular take:

This is a raw deal for those who seek specific or rare, hard-to-find parts.

The Hide, especially, I have found to be a great source for specific, even in some cases, rare/hard-to-find items. This is further enforced by the fact that this forum caters to a specific type of shooting made of up users with own those types of equipment. My chances of sourcing something like an AWM, 35mm Geissele mount or RACS chassis would be almost impossible on any other forum.

Speaking from both sides of the fence here (the seeker and the seller), not many people will even list their hen's teeth items unless encouraged to reach out via PRIVATE message from a prospective buyer's WTB ad.

I understand users getting scammed creates a headache for The Hide staff, but can't we just let those foolish enough to be scammed in the first place fall on their own sword and not ruin the WTB ability for everyone else savvy enough to not be an idiot?

Just my .02, pls don't ban me... :)

39B7C28E-62E7-40CE-8CC9-A66B5B82FB3F.gif

The Hide, especially, I have found to be a great source for specific, even in some cases, rare/hard-to-find items. This is further enforced by the fact that this forum caters to a specific type of shooting made of up users with own those types of equipment. My chances of sourcing something like an AWM, 35mm Geissele mount or RACS chassis would be almost impossible on any other forum.

Speaking from both sides of the fence here (the seeker and the seller), not many people will even list their hen's teeth items unless encouraged to reach out via PRIVATE message from a prospective buyer's WTB ad.

I understand users getting scammed creates a headache for The Hide staff, but can't we just let those foolish enough to be scammed in the first place fall on their own sword and not ruin the WTB ability for everyone else savvy enough to not be an idiot?

The main issue with this is: Frank and the mods ALL hate dealing with the drama caused by the PX. It’s a luxury/privilege of being part of SH. So yes, while we COULD just post a notice in the site rules/policies that “if you’re dumb enough to get taken for a ride, that’s your problem and you’ll be banned if you bitch about it to us,” they’d still have to deal with the bitching and banning.

When someone is a fraud, we all want to know. But when it’s a WIDESPREAD and frequent issue across the ‘net (literally every forum I belong to has been hit hard by these cockgobbling scammers in the past 6mos to a year), just shutting the WTB off for awhile is the easiest way to cut the drama.

It sucks, I agree. But I also don’t fault Frank even a tiny bit for feeling like he does. Maybe in a few months he’ll be willing to let them happen again and see how things go. But for now, a) a lot of stupid and gullible people are out there and b) a lot of persuasive butt pirates are out there. Combining the two is like putting potassium in water, and the mods have to deal with the resulting explosion of emotions.

I have three of those. Just send me one Flip in cryptocurrency and I’ll mail it to you FedEx.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash
    I have three of those. Just send me one Flip in cryptocurrency and I’ll mail it to you FedEx.

Sounds good! Just send me a pic with my name on it and todays date for verification please! Paypal G&S work? I promise I won't issue a claim when the parts arrive. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
    I mean...I get it's annoying, but as a moderator, isn't fielding and answering user complaints (especially from paying members posting in the PX) not somewhere in the job description?

Sounds good! Just send me a pic with my name on it and todays date for verification please! Paypal G&S work? I promise I won't issue a claim when the parts arrive. :ROFLMAO:
    Actually no. In case you haven’t noticed, moderators here are few and far between. I don’t know if another forum with well over 100,000 members with like three or four moderators. And that includes Frank.

The PX is a benefit for participating adults here that has only been granted by the good will of Frank. It is neither the main reason for the forum (by far), nor even necessary. Yet it generates the absolute lion’s share of issues and problems.

You’ve not been here long enough to understand that this benefit could be junked tomorrow.

Sure, there are members here that live in the PX and rarely if ever participate in actual discussions or informational posts. Those are not the people for whom this forum was created.

Get it yet?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you.

Still will enjoy the site and knowledge within, thanks. (y)

Last edited:
    I wonder how much is made off of the PX. Many of us that have an upgrade aren’t doing it for the training. I can’t remember the last time I’ve even looked at the training section 🤷‍♂️

Maybe it’s a small revenue stream and won’t be missed, but it’s pretty passive income I would think.

Reactions: corym468
    I wonder how much is made off of the PX. Many of us that have an upgrade aren’t doing it for the training. I can’t remember the last time I’ve even looked at the training section 🤷‍♂️

Maybe it’s a small revenue stream and won’t be missed, but it’s pretty passive income I would think.
    Yes and no. As already mentioned it causes the highest amount of problems, complaints and spam traffic on the site. All of that takes moderator, owner and admin time and effort to manage. So that makes it more than a passive income from my view.

Yes and no. As already mentioned it causes the highest amount of problems, complaints and spam traffic on the site. All of that takes moderator, owner and admin time and effort to manage. So that makes it more than a passive income from my view.
    Right, no arguement there, but how many times have we heard that the mods and frank are going hands off, and we are on our own? So it CAN be as passive as they want it to be. I get that they don’t want it to become a scam factory but anyone that listens to their inner common sense can spot those a mile a way. The members feed the scams, not the forum.

Right, no arguement there, but how many times have we heard that the mods and frank are going hands off, and we are on our own? So it CAN be as passive as they want it to be. I get that they don’t want it to become a scam factory but anyone that listens to their inner common sense can spot those a mile a way. The members feed the scams, not the forum.
    Haha. Good point, but think of it this way:

Yes, Frank and Co. are hands off, meaning they are not wanting to create a gun buying and selling site out of SH. However, they still must, and do have to deal with all of the fallout and scammer traffic. They cannot and do not want this to be the Wild West, as it affects the whole site, not just the simple-minded that don’t know any better.

I’d be willing to bet that the site statistics would show that the vast majority of the emails, scam accounts and members crying about problems comes from PX related activities. If there are no WTB ads, then the lazy scammer has less reason to create a fake account in order to lure the easy mark. Easy scams are where it’s at and where the most traffic comes from. WTB ads are easy scams. Everything else takes more time, effort and preparation.

So to summarize, they want to be hands off, but the idiots and their WTB ads are like chum in the water. Attracting unsavory traffic that takes so much time. Do you all not see that? The connection? Then this is exactly why it’s such a problem.

They want to treat us like intelligent adults, we just don’t act like it. Thus, there needs to be a break to perhaps remove SH from the top ten list of easy pickings.

I really don’t know how else to get the point across. Too many of you have only one purpose here, buying and selling and therefore it’s all that matters to you. Try to think of the larger picture of the site as someplace other than your personal flea market for good shit.

Haha. Good point, but think of it this way:

Yes, Frank and Co. are hands off, meaning they are not wanting to create a gun buying and selling site out of SH. However, they still must, and do have to deal with all of the fallout and scammer traffic. They cannot and do not want this to be the Wild West, as it affects the whole site, not just the simple-minded that don’t know any better.

I’d be willing to bet that the site statistics would show that the vast majority of the emails, scam accounts and members crying about problems comes from PX related activities. If there are no WTB ads, then the lazy scammer has less reason to create a fake account in order to lure the easy mark. Easy scams are where it’s at and where the most traffic comes from. WTB ads are easy scams. Everything else takes more time, effort and preparation.

So to summarize, they want to be hands off, but the idiots and their WTB ads are like chum in the water. Attracting unsavory traffic that takes so much time. Do you all not see that? The connection? Then this is exactly why it’s such a problem.

They want to treat us like intelligent adults, we just don’t act like it. Thus, there needs to be a break to perhaps remove SH from the top ten list of easy pickings.

I really don’t know how else to get the point across. Too many of you have only one purpose here, buying and selling and therefore it’s all that matters to you. Try to think of the larger picture of the site as someplace other than your personal flea market for good shit.
    Agree again. I guess I’m just not emotionally invested in the site as many are. I’m not here just to sell though if that’s what you’re implying (which is how it sounds). There are other, better, cheaper options for that.

I still maintain that the users create the issue, without people being so gullible the problem goes away in time. Why would scammers stick around if nobody is feeding them? This shit isn’t hard to spot. Maybe the $20 gives access to a “how to not be a boomer and get scammed” course. Must show certificate to enter PX.

Why would scammers stick around if nobody is feeding them? This shit isn’t hard to spot.
    Completely agree, thus the moratorium on WTB ads.

I wasn’t specifically addressing you nor intending any personal attack. I was merely trying to get a point across. And yes, there are most definitely a large contingent of those that merely inhabit the PX. With perhaps an accidental stumble into an actual discussion forum now and then.

Reactions: jb0311
    I wasn’t specifically addressing you nor intending any personal attack. I was merely trying to get a point across. And yes, there are most definitely a large contingent of those that merely inhabit the PX. With perhaps an accidental stumble into an actual discussion forum now and then.
    No offense taken. I rarely sell here. Usually small stuff during spring cleaning. Most everything else local face to face since I’m near marine, army, navy, and coast guard bases. I just don’t see much of a dent in the scammer population until people take it upon themselves to watch their 6. Dude just got scammed out of $4k+ selling something here the other day. I would have probably thrown my computer in the trash if that happened to me. I think we all take it personal. Most of us I’m willing to bet, would help vet a sale if it seems fishy to a member. There’s always a sign. Always. People stop being easy marks and it suddenly is a less attractive place for a scammer to hang out.

Why isn’t there a stickied thread or disclaimer when posting about this….? There are still multiple people every hour posting wtb posts and then for whatever reason members with nothing better to do dogpile on them because they didn’t see an obscure post in a section of the forum 95% of people never visit.

I have posted every time best practices and still every week someone gets scammed

So just don't do it,

But this all the members fault, not ours, we warned you multiple times in multiple places, the exact tactics they use, and still they get scammed