• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Accessories for spotting scopes

Redhook

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
I just ordered a Leupy Mk4 spotter and would like some recommendations for accessories. I'll get the Manfroto trigger head. But do you recommend the inline or side mount? Also which tripod and which height range is most universal?

I've also seen a few scopes mounted upside down(with the objective higher then the eye). Who makes that bracket? Anyother suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Accessories for spotting scopes

Depending on the reticle you bought the inverted setup might not work for you...it is for a specific mount that is offered to use with night vision systems but you would of had to order the MK4 with the inverted reticle as well. The manfrotto 055CX3Pro with Carbon Fiber legs is what i run. If you have a DSLR i would also recommend getting the adaptor from Leupold as you can film your shots tracking into the targets through the scope. The manfrotto tripods are seriously worth the coin. They can go from like 4 inches off the ground to regular tripod height and everything in between.

IMG_0008.jpg

Re: Accessories for spotting scopes

Do a Snipers Hide Google search on Manfrotto tripods and Ashbury International tripods and accessories. Lots of existing info re what you're looking for.

Congrats on your new Leupy spotter, you will like it!