• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Accidentally learned something tonight: Halo-LR

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    Went out with a buddy last night for ~2 hours. He was borrowing DTNVG + 29A COTI and AR with Halo-LR. Halo was plugged into a $20 Anker 10KmW small battery.

He usually knows better, because that’s “his” setup when he comes with me. He cleared the gun, but didn’t turn off the Halo. 14 hours later, I moved it and it felt slightly warm to the touch. Well, it had been on for 16 straight hours. The flip-cap was closed on both ends (I use the sweet Vortex caps that lock back flush with the scope).

Good to know that combination held up so well. I always wondered what the time limit would be, and we now know it’s at least 16 hours.

Skeets and UTCs last forever on those same packs as well. I think each one of them has saved me $100’s.

Can you shit the anklers off? I have 2 and if something plugs into them they are “on”. Kinda bugs me, but its also nice so you dont bump it off in the dark, or maybe I don’t know how to use one. Anything is possible, i have not played with them much, but i can get 3-4 trips out of one with it on for a few hours at a time.

Running my halo lr and powering the pp mdvr pass through it will run for 10hr or so with a 6700mah candy bar anker in 40deg temps. No way I could afford to run 123’s with it lol
    I need to get a recorder. Even when i am just looking around i see so much cool stuff. Pictures do not do it justice

Reactions: Killswitch Engage