• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

accrecy from a .308

thomasbiasi

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2009
what kind of accrecy can i get with my .308 stevens, shooting 168gr. nosler hpbt cometition rounds w/ imr 4064 powder @ 44.5g

Re: accrecy from a .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: you cant see me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of accrecy can i get with my .308 stevens, shooting 168gr. nosler hpbt cometition rounds w/ imr 4064 powder @ 44.5g </div></div>

I guess the first question is can you shoot? The guy behind the trigger is 80% of it.

Greg L.

yah. i can shoot:)it's just a new rifle and i heard that it was a decent load for long range (600 to 700 yds)

Stevens are more or less just Savages without Accutriggers. Yours probably has a sporter weight barrel correct?

If you can shoot, it should be a reasonably accurate hunting rifle with some loads. You may be fortunate enough to have one of those good-with-any-ammo rifles, with great three to four shot groups, but barrel heating will cause groups to open.

It should be a good value for what it is.

not sure what a sporter weight barrel is, but it is free floating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wood sah predy guud. Iv yuu shud guud. </div></div>

LMAO....

To the OP-Nosler 168's should do you fine.

Now go fill out your profile, and maybe think about a dickshunairee.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: you cant see me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not sure what a sporter weight barrel is, but it is free floating. </div></div>

It's a relatively thinner, lighter barrel, typically found on hunting rifles, rather than the thicker tubes found on varmint or target rifles that are fired for longer strings of fire.

They usually taper from a breach diameter of roughly 1" to about 1/2" at the muzzle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We may only hope to achieve that which we can correctly spell. </div></div>

That would also be a great business mission statement, chapter heading or signature line!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wood sah predy guud. Iv yuu shud guud. </div></div>

LMAO!!

Shouldn't <span style="font-style: italic">shud</span> be spelled with two <span style="font-style: italic">u</span>'s?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: you cant see me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not sure what a sporter weight barrel is, but it is free floating. </div></div>

barrels.jpg

Stevens 200 .308 - 22-inch Sporter bbl up top, 24-inch Varmint/tactical profile on bottom (OE Savage 10fp take-off)