• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Accu-Tac bipod for PRS matches

stevieb92

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm considering ordering an Accu-Tac bipod for PRS matches and wondering which model would be best suited. They have lots of models to pick from and it's tough to determine which might be best. I'm heavily leaning to the BR-4 G2 ARCA model. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I'm considering ordering an Accu-Tac bipod for PRS matches and wondering which model would be best suited. They have lots of models to pick from and it's tough to determine which might be best. I'm heavily leaning to the BR-4 G2 ARCA model. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I run the SR-5 which is an inch taller, but either one is a great choice. Plenty of cant and height.

Br4 works very well for prs use. I found the sr5 to be too big.

I find it funny that for the PRS game, a lot of people gets the most expensive bipod available. I did too, been running the Ckyepod this year, and by all means, it is the best bipod I have ever used. BUT! And that is a BIG BUT. Its very seldom on the gun when shooting a PRS match. In fact, the last match I went to had 1 out of 8 stages which suited the bipod. The rest was mostly shot from a barricade bag (6 out of 8) stages, leaving just one which I shot with the rifle just resting on the prop.

The Ckyepod is awesome for long range shooting, shooting groups and what not. But its not really on the gun in most PRS stages.

Something to think about?

Reactions: BurtG
I find it funny that for the PRS game, a lot of people gets the most expensive bipod available. I did too, been running the Ckyepod this year, and by all means, it is the best bipod I have ever used. BUT! And that is a BIG BUT. Its very seldom on the gun when shooting a PRS match. In fact, the last match I went to had 1 out of 8 stages which suited the bipod. The rest was mostly shot from a barricade bag (6 out of 8) stages, leaving just one which I shot with the rifle just resting on the prop.

The Ckyepod is awesome for long range shooting, shooting groups and what not. But its not really on the gun in most PRS stages.

Something to think about?
Just going to say that this is almost entirely personal preference/match dependent.

There are matches that are nearly all prone/modified prone, and others with heavy positional focus. Even still, a lot of positional stages can be made to use a bipod if you’re motivated enough and vice versa… again, pretty much entirely preference.

Accu-Tac is a solid choice for PRS. Not as configurable compared to Ckyepod, but certainly more than capable. I would recommend some vibra-tite and a heavier gauge wave washer in the tensioner mechanism as it will prevent them from loosening/tightening with sustained cant manipulation. Otherwise, you’re good to go.

I've heard similar things about the SR-5 being slightly too big (tall) for PRS use. I've been using the Atlas CAL for my first 4 matches this year and it went well, but I really like the speed of adjustment of the Accu-Tac bipods. The matches I've been to had a good mix of prone/modified prone and positional. I think I'll order up a BR-4 G2 bipod. Thanks for all the feedback!

I've heard similar things about the SR-5 being slightly too big (tall) for PRS use. I've been using the Atlas CAL for my first 4 matches this year and it went well, but I really like the speed of adjustment of the Accu-Tac bipods. The matches I've been to had a good mix of prone/modified prone and positional. I think I'll order up a BR-4 G2 bipod. Thanks for all the feedback!
I have one for sale if interested

Being a broke SOB when I built my PRS rifle, I went with a Harris that I already had. Like said above: most stages of most matches, the bipod's not even on the rifle. Added an amazon special ARCA adaptor to a chinesium Harris clone and am shooting that these days.

The rifle/bipod combo is not what is holding me back at matches. When it becomes the problem, then I'll upgrade

M

Anyone have an FD-4 or similar width model(looks to be the standard width)?

Trying to find out how it compares to an Atlas Cal as far as stability.

The wider spread Accutacs are so wide when stowed I dont think I want one of those. Thanks