• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accubond Jump?

leagle2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2006
Georgetown, Delaware
Loading for a .300 WSM. 180 gr Accubond
Any recommendation as to what seating depth the accubonds like?
i.e. jammed, just touching, .01 off the lands. I know I'll have to experiment but am just looking for the most likely starting spot. Thanks.

Re: Accubond Jump?

I found the 200 grain accubonds very jump tolerant. In my 300 wby they didn't seem to care much about seating depth.

If I recall correctly, Nosler recommends .03" for their accubonds. I asked one of their techs this question last year.

I experimented with these in my .300 WSM in 150, 165 and 180 grains. I have a Remington 700 PSP stainless and all 3 shot great at mag length (2.800" COAL). I can't remember what the jump was off hand as I am in the Sand Box and have no access to my notes. I was able to get at least MOA with these but changed after experimenting with the 168 TSX. I would recommend checking to see what your max mag length is then experimenting from there.