• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Accubond,vs. MRX

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    Hi. I'm thinking about switching from a 225 AB for the 225, or 250 MRX, but was wondering how long the MRX is compared to the AB. I won't do it if I have to sacrifice powder capacity. I'm pushing the AB @ 2900 fps in my M70 338 WM now, but if I can get the MRX to the same speed, with the 1/2 moa I'm getting now, I'll switch. Are they longer than the AB?

Re: Accubond,vs. MRX

The MRX is shorter then most bullets it's weight, but not the TSX or TTSX. I use the MRX in my hunting .308 and have had awesome reults. 2 shots,2 animals,2 DRT's and both left huge wound channels. I originally shot the Accubonds out of it but got a box of the MRX's on sale and decided to give them a shot-glad I did. Shitty thing is from what is being said Barnes is phasing out the MRX because of the new Tipped TSX (TTSX) so if you work up a good load,I would stockpile as many as you can get your hands on.......

Bigwheels, dont know about the length of the 225 AB but I have used the 225gr MRX in a 338 Lapua with good results. A quick measurement with the dial calipers says they are 1.425" in length, hope this helps.

Thanks guys. 1.425 is actualy shorter than the AB. I'll gie them a try.

Why do you want to switch when your getting the good groups and velocity with the accubonds?

Well, I guess there's always room for improvement. I'd also like to try the new 250gr MRX, & see if they will out perform my AB's.

No. Can't be too dead. How about dead with no lead. How about less meat damage, or flatter trajectory, & higher energy. What will I do when Kalifornistanni no lead laws hit my state, which they will eventually. I want to have another load read to go. I would like the MRX, or a .338 cal 225gr Win. XP-3.