• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Accumounts Scope Mount Quality? (moved from Scopes)

Son of Dorn

Castellan
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2019
(Moved this in here from Scopes since it's a mount question and not actually about the scope itself.)

Hi y'all,
I'm looking at several of the repro mounts available from Accumounts, a Lee-Enfield No. 4 for a sporter No. 4 Mk I and one of the Kar98k/Gew 98 options (most likely long side rail or double claw) for a fully custom vintage-style Mauser sporter. Repro T4 scope to go with the No. 4 and a vintage Hensoldt or maybe Kahles or Kollmorgen on the Mauser. Does anyone have input on the quality of Accumounts' products? If I buy one, am I getting a sturdy, well-made scope mount or am I wasting money on a lump of junk metal?

Link to Accumounts' website (Kar98k/Mauser page) here: https://www.accumounts.com/german-k98.html

Thanks,
Son of Dorn

Good question. I bought one of their no-drill mounts for a mauser but have not mounted it yet because I don't have the scope. Im thinking about a similar one for an M44. I hope we get some answers to your question.

Good question. I bought one of their no-drill mounts for a mauser but have not mounted it yet because I don't have the scope. Im thinking about a similar one for an M44. I hope we get some answers to your question.
I asked someone on here if they had any experience with them, said he thought they be the same mounts as Sarco, Inc. sells and that they seem pretty good quality, has used the ones from Sarco on his rifle(s) before, so I'm leaning towards them but yeah, hopefully some other folks will chime in on the subject.

I was talking to a guy the other day that seemed familiar with them and he was speaking about the no drill mounts. Said the new mount can be compromised if the rear sight has been raised and lowered enough to hog out the pivot hole. Made sense to me.

Hmmm well the repro ones are what I'm after, not the no-drills, so I don't think there would be any problem there. But if the quality is good, that's what's important either way.