• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

accuracy and recoil lug space in stock

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
What kind of effect, if any, on accuracy when the recoils lug space in the stock is thicker, larger than the actual recoil lug? Just curious to know. Thank you in advance.

Re: accuracy and recoil lug space in stock

depends

i once borrowed an 03A3 from a guy and shot an entire match w/de-linked ammo and posted the best scores i ever shot....when i returned the rifle i was horrified to discover he had given me a newer stock and the action screws were loose....really loose.....
i know its different technology but i'm saying a lug not correctly bedded in your case may not show up as inconsistent or sloppy groups...if the action is snug to the pillars or the bedding blocks you may could stack the holes.....

Re: accuracy and recoil lug space in stock

Generally speaking, in my experience, if the back of the action recoil lug is making good, even contact with the stock recoil lug, a little space in the front or sides of the lug doesn't seem to matter much. Just make sure there is no contact with the bottom of the lug or the action will never sit flush.