• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Accuracy getting worse

Shortdraw

Alaskan Guide
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Kodiak, Alaska
Owned a YHM Phantom QD 7.62 for years now and noticed my accuracy with the can has gone south. I have never had a suppressor make a load less accurate, only better or the same. I attempted to clean it as it is heavily carboned up but being a carbon steel can I can’t go too aggressive with it. No baffle strikes, everything is tight. Any ideas why this happened or any solutions? Anyone else experience this?

Probably the barrel close to end of life. Have the chamber checked out and maybe have it set back. Doubt its the can. What cal are you shooting?

Reactions: culater
300 blackout, 7-08, 308, and 30-30ai. All shoot 1/4 to 1/2 minute without the can and over a minute with.
This was not the case up until this summer.

Find the exact new weight of your suppressor, then weigh yours to find the difference.

If it’s significantly heavier then it could be now changing the harmonics of the barrel. If not, then you might have to look elsewhere (powder lot, temperature, barrels, etc).

Weight should be 25oz and mine is weighing 25.7. I’ve never experienced any load shooting worse through the suppressor until recently.

Reactions: AIAW