• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International 223 conversion working

trophyhunter

Gun Father
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2011
    Brownsville, Tx
    I needed a little bit of advice and opinions on this kit. I’ve been getting a few PM’s on the kit since Frank mentioned it. I have a working 223 conversion that we’ve made at the shop. It fed factory ammo really well with a slight stall maybe 4-8% of the time. I can’t get it replicate the issue always but it is an easy thing to overcome. After a few mag revisions and simple tweaks I’ve come to realize it’s a mag issue. This kit is drop in, swap over firing pin assembly, screw in & torque barrel, load mag and you’re ready. This thing has taken many months to complete and figure out everything. I wish it was just as easy as someone said “just machine a bolt face”. Ya no this was a headache, different ejector, different extractor. But none the less it’s working. I’ve ran it in 2 club matches, I think both times Morgan was there. In my opinion it runs great. But after a few trial & errors with mags I’ve got it working 100%, had a few snags along the trial & error process but it’s been an evolution and headache along the way. In the beginning, at our Sotex club match we ran 91rds, I had an issue with 5rds. I never had to dump the mag or clear the chamber from a double feed. But extending the spring and tweaking the mag has cleared the issue as all trial & errors do. You learn, adapt and overcome.

Current and final revision was sent off for hardening and going to try modding a mag to maybe ??help with feeding. I’m still going to fiddle with this and currently getting another kit to a good friend and Sotex shooter to have two testers to see what can fail and if we can work out the kinks on the kit.

Last edited:
    Quick question, are you trying to shoot light stuff like the 55gr or are you doing the long heavy stuff in the high 70s, and 80's?

I'm thinking that folks wanting this, would probably be interested in .223 or if you also made a .224V version with the stuff you found out to run the long heavies loaded to max lengths since you'll have at minimum a .308 length magazine.

One other thing you might look into, is I am fairly sure once upon a time AI at the very beginning offered an AW special order in 5.56, or at least planned to. If you can find anyone that has any parts from that, it might make your life easier.

(As alluded to here: https://www.ketmer.com/ai/defense/aw/index.htm )

You might want to see if you can talk to Bill Davidson at TacPro shooting center who was one of the original importers of AI guns before Mile High, he may know something about it (if he's not too upset about them to talk about it with you).

I'd be interested in a kit for the AXMC.

Two questions I have are does it feed better or worse with the 80gr ish loads and second is the cost of the conversion. I think the cost would play into the expectations of the user. IF it cost $150 plus the barrel then a little feeding issues may be acceptable if the kit comes in at like $500 plus the barrel then I would think it needs to run pretty good or you just buy a 223 action and carry on. By the way im just throwing out numbers as an example Im not sure what exact numbers I would find a kit like this useful to me.

Quick question, are you trying to shoot light stuff like the 55gr or are you doing the long heavy stuff in the high 70s, and 80's?

I'm thinking that folks wanting this, would probably be interested in .223 or if you also made a .224V version with the stuff you found out to run the long heavies loaded to max lengths since you'll have at minimum a .308 length magazine.

One other thing you might look into, is I am fairly sure once upon a time AI at the very beginning offered an AW special order in 5.56, or at least planned to. If you can find anyone that has any parts from that, it might make your life easier.

(As alluded to here: https://www.ketmer.com/ai/defense/aw/index.htm )

You might want to see if you can talk to Bill Davidson at TacPro shooting center who was one of the original importers of AI guns before Mile High, he may know something about it (if he's not too upset about them to talk about it with you).

I'd be interested in a kit for the AXMC.
    Grain bullet really doesn’t concern me currently, I wanted it to run off factory offerings for the guy that doesn’t want to load 223 and still train with his AI. In the match I ran 80g Berger but it shoots 55g ball ammo just fine. That barrel is 6.5twist and I can do a barrel in 10 twist if someone wants. So tailoring a barrel to grain of bullet is the easy part.
    On mags I wanted a common, readily available mag not something found in a museum. This thing is already costly as it is, having to make a mag is going to add to that. MDT, AccurateMag, and the older AI 223 mags all show promise with accurate mag being the best for longevity. The polymer AI223 mag feeds good, but the lips became loose after about 600rds, they’d let the bullet stack fall out if jammed into the magwell to hard.

224Valkyrie is an idea far out, but on the chalkboard. I’d like to make this happen first in 223 for ease & cost of ammo.

Two questions I have are does it feed better or worse with the 80gr ish loads and second is the cost of the conversion. I think the cost would play into the expectations of the user. IF it cost $150 plus the barrel then a little feeding issues may be acceptable if the kit comes in at like $500 plus the barrel then I would think it needs to run pretty good or you just buy a 223 action and carry on. By the way im just throwing out numbers as an example Im not sure what exact numbers I would find a kit like this useful to me.
    I don’t think there is anything on an AI that cost $150

Think of the cost of a caliber conversion on the AXMC...bolt body, mag, barrel. And dependent on firing pin you have, you’ll need a firing pin assembly. Currently only making a version for the small firing pin assembly.

Bolt & firing pin assembly $784 as on Euro
    223 Bartlein barrel $750
    Mag $40-60
    223 bolt head $600
    Complete drop in kit is going to be real close to $2000

Last edited:
    Reactions: Delicatessen
    Or possibly a .243 or .308 or 6.5CM case necked down to .223 / .224 might be an interesting option instead with easier feeding and just needing a new barrel (of course that means all hand loaded ammunition and probably a short barrel life). It would be interesting to see what that would do to projectiles in the 90s and 100s weight.

Kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do here, so probably not something anyone will be into.

Reactions: trophyhunter
    I don’t think there is anything on an AI that cost $150

Think of the cost of a caliber conversion on the AXMC...bolt body, mag, barrel. And dependent on firing pin you have, you’ll need a firing pin assembly. Currently only making a version for the small firing pin assembly.

Bolt & firing pin assembly $784 as on Euro
    223 Bartlein barrel $800
    Mag $40-60
    223 bolt head $400
    Complete drop in kit is going to be real close to $2000

That’s in line with current AI and desert tech kits of various calibers.

And it doesn’t matter what I’ve fed in it, I’ve ran M855 and jammed 80.5 Berger bullets. It still ran about the same. Hell I can run empty cases and it feeds those no problem. A buddy asked “can it feed empty cases”. It did, I ran 5 empty cases from the mag no problem.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Or possibly a .243 or .308 or 6.5CM case necked down to .223 / .224 might be an interesting option instead with easier feeding and just needing a new barrel (of course that means all hand loaded ammunition and probably a short barrel life). It would be interesting to see what that would do to projectiles in the 90s and 100s weight.

Kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do here, so probably not something anyone will be into.
    You can run a 22 creed in your rifle as it is. Hell 22-250 might be your ticket.

But I’m trying to feed the 223 family in this conversion, 223, 300blk, 223AI.

I would say $1200 for just action conversion parts it would have to run better than in your video of the barricade.
    Ya i might be the only person to own an AI in 223 ever. I’d like it to run like AI is known for, but it might be only custom quality. At our last club match I counted all the malfunctions in the customs, hence why I think mine runs better.

As to the base question about the feeding issues.

People tend to whine and complain a lot when something can't be made to work 100%

So if you can't make it any better, you could still probably sell it, just with tons of disclaimers that state it has about 95% feeding reliability and can't be made better & sometimes you have to back the bolt off then press forward again. Most likely you'll sell to those that want it and understand the limitations, but you'll still hear plenty of bitching about it from some folks.

If you want to be able to sell a lot of them and not have to deal with customers bitching about it, you'll kind of have to figure out how to make it work 100% of the time even at a higher cost.

It's a cool idea, but I'm guessing if you start figuring out the costs, you are probably at close to a $2k selling price.
    You have to supply a bolt body with a custom boltface / extractor, so probably close to $1k just there to buy the AI bolt shroud and do the mods to it and get some profit. Then you have an AI barrel either AX or AXMC, probably hard to get done in under $700 and make any markup. Then at least 1 magazine or two. So once you get to the $2k price mark, people have expectations about it running really good since $2k will buy you a pretty decent .223 bolt rifle these days.

Neato!

What kind of extractor is your 223 bolt head using? Leaf spring like the original AI, Sako, mini M16?

$400 for the 223 bolt head and extractor is rather tempting being I have a spare AI bolt assembly sitting in the safe... Just have to depin and debond the original bolt head, swap to the 223 bolt head, then spin up a barrel.

I love my 223AI nucleus in an AX AICS stock-- I built it because I finally gave up on AI ever offering a 223 conversion. That being said I don't know if I could resist experimenting with your AI 223 conversion bolt head in my AX if you decide to offer them for sale since I already have a spare bolt body to use with it.

After watching the videos, I think some magazine feedlip adjustments may be in order. When I was running 6 dasher in my AI AE feedlip adjustment was critical so the bullet tip wouldn't occasionally stab the top of the breech and stop the bolt.

With the Accurate 223 mags, you can do minor feedlip adjusments to the steel body and the plastic inner liner will conform to the steel... but if you make larger adjustment to the steel body the plastic liner may not conform and you'll have to modify it too.

While on the subject of magazines, I'd really like to see some pictures of the magazines that AI supplied with the .223 "AW Varminters" which were made in extremely limited quantity.

Last edited:
    As to the base question about the feeding issues.

People tend to whine and complain a lot when something can't be made to work 100%

So if you can't make it any better, you could still probably sell it, just with tons of disclaimers that state it has about 95% feeding reliability and can't be made better & sometimes you have to back the bolt off then press forward again. Most likely you'll sell to those that want it and understand the limitations, but you'll still hear plenty of bitching about it from some folks.

If you want to be able to sell a lot of them and not have to deal with customers bitching about it, you'll kind of have to figure out how to make it work 100% of the time even at a higher cost.

It's a cool idea, but I'm guessing if you start figuring out the costs, you are probably at close to a $2k selling price.
    You have to supply a bolt body with a custom boltface / extractor, so probably close to $1k just there to buy the AI bolt shroud and do the mods to it and get some profit. Then you have an AI barrel either AX or AXMC, probably hard to get done in under $700 and make any markup. Then at least 1 magazine or two. So once you get to the $2k price mark, people have expectations about it running really good since $2k will buy you a pretty decent .223 bolt rifle these days.
    The bulk of the kit is the bolt body assembly, then the small parts for the head, hardening, machining. You’d be surprised how fast it adds up. Barrels are another thing that can be cheapo stuff for $400 all done up to $1400 proof barrels. We do barrels in the shop, AI barrels are a beast all their own with this 223 conversion having its own list of issues & different cuts to make it work. AXMC is another one on the chalkboard but has it’s own list of issues to deal with. Then the Sotex guys asked for a lefthand version...it’s gonna be a while before I tackle those.

The kits are already going to a few local guys that understand the cost to build a quality rifle and adding scope being way over $4000. Nobody that owns an AI is going to buy a box R700 & leupy 3-9 as a trainer. That person is going to buy an AT chassis, tenacity action, x barrel, x trigger and either pull double duty on his main scope or fork out for another. It’ll be over $2000 for rifle and won’t be an ideal trainer.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Neato!

What kind of extractor is your 223 bolt head using? Leaf spring like the original AI, Sako, mini M16?

$400 for the 223 bolt head and extractor is rather tempting being I have a spare AI bolt assembly sitting in the safe... Just have to depin and debond the original bolt head, swap to the 223 bolt head, then spin up a barrel.

I love my 223AI nucleus in an AX AICS stock-- I built it because I finally gave up on AI ever offering a 223 conversion. That being said I don't know if I could resist experimenting with your AI 223 conversion bolt head in my AX if you decide to offer them for sale since I already have a spare bolt body to use with it.

After watching the videos, I think some magazine feedlip adjustments may be in order. When I was running 6 dasher in my AI AE feedlip adjustment was critical so the bullet tip wouldn't occasionally stab the top of the breech and stop the bolt.

With the Accurate 223 mags, you can do minor feedlip adjusments to the steel body and the plastic inner liner will conform to the steel... but if you make larger adjustment to the steel body the plastic liner may not conform and you'll have to modify it too.
    That’s basically how this all started, I had an extra bolt assembly since I made mine small pin. Made a comment to my Gunsmith while having lunch in the shop “nobody can make an AI feed 223, it’s never been done”. He looked up from his can of tuna and said “I can do it”. Well after a few revisions we got it feeding. Then after a few tweaks we got it extracting. Then after a few more designs we got it ejecting just right. It really has been a challenge which is why I’m assuming AI dumped it. As far as I can tell I’ve never seen a kit function to the point they’re running it in a match. I really didn’t plan on it running in a match, I just wanted to single feed and fire 223 from a bench as a cheap trigger pull idea. I figured if i could slow down me feeding I could focus on everything else that’s suppose to happen. Try to break the ideal shot. I’m at over 900rds ran through it seeing what other tweaks or failures we have. With mild factory junk to really warm hand loads.

Next up I’m getting this kit to sone good buddies, Morgan & Larry, in hopes they can help me tweak the mags to feed better. This week when the heads get back from heat treat I’m gonna ruin a few mags to try some stuff. I have a theory that a main issue comes from when the round hits the center feedramp it causes the bullet to go up causing the bind. So I’m going to relieve one side of the mag to help it find a side since the mag is a single stack style. If that don’t work, I’ll try something else till it works. Till then I’ll just keep feeding it junk ammo giggling at the lack of recoil.

Reactions: gazi and SRPowah
    If you end up making kits with twist rates designed for 75/77g stuff, I’d be in for one at $2k. I’d also like some sort of bobsled to teach youth to focus on the first shot instead of the next shot. That’s a good value to me. Keep me posted and let me know if it gets to a point where I can send funds ;)

If you don't wind up making one for the AXMC (different bolt and barrel), I may still want one as I may eventually pick up an AX or AT (Although there have been a couple really good deals here that made me wonder if I shouldn't just get another AXMC instead.)

If you end up making kits with twist rates designed for 75/77g stuff, I’d be in for one at $2k. I’d also like some sort of bobsled to teach youth to focus on the first shot instead of the next shot. That’s a good value to me. Keep me posted and let me know if it gets to a point where I can send funds ;)
    My current barrel loves 77OTM & 80.5 Berger’s. It shoots 62g well, maybe 3/4-1” but shoots ragged holes with 77.

On a buddies kit we are throaring it out to be at mag length.

Reactions: SkyScrapin

Last edited:
    Watching your progression.
    Getting it running well and I’ll be in for one
    One more reason to not have a ar in my shit state of ny

I would be very interested in one of these if you can get the current challenges sorted out. I've thought about building a 223 trainer off of some R700 footprint action, but as you describe the costs add up pretty quick with a trigger upgrade, AX chassis, and glass.

I'm also just generally excited to see this because most of these threads that I've seen end with "you can't run 223 out of an AI". Great work to get this point at all.

Maybe I read this wrong or maybe cause I’m just thinking on how to make it work. An idea I have is throating my barrel to accept mag length rounds in hopes that longer bullets will feed better. Ideally I’d like this to feed bulk ammo with no need to load custom stuff but if that’s what it takes so be it. Again haven’t figured out all the details on this kit or where it’s going to lead, but maybe a disclaimer that it will only work with 2.350” OAL bullets, don’t know just thinking as I type. Still aiming for factory length ammo.

On the bobsled topic, this thing feeds great, I can dump a empty case in the chamber and it’ll feed no problem.

Reactions: RS14
    Here’s another video of it feeding empty cases from a mag.

I think the kit runs well, it feeds most times, but as seen at the club match it can have hangups. I’m tryin to show the positive with worst case scenario in the function of the kit.

update & question

So when I was running Dasher & BRA in my AX having a shorter freebore caused some feeding issues. While these are not exactly the same where the round would hit on the tenon like in the BRA feeding from HRD mags, I’m still thinking having a longer freebore in 223 would help alleviate some of the snags. Tomorrow picking up the bolt heads from heat treater, hope to test.

Question:
    If having longer rounds were necessary to the perfect function of this conversion would that be a negative ? It’ll still feed factory, but as seen in worst case scenario video it has a snag. Longer throated handloads might be the best solution. From factory Wylde chamber I’m guessing it’ll need to be .080” longer bringing it to .140”FB, left 3 are longer. Right bullet is max OAL with standard reamer, still around .020” longer then factory 77

Attachments

• 5CBEF9E4-94D5-4884-ADD7-3F2B927D97A3.jpeg
      5CBEF9E4-94D5-4884-ADD7-3F2B927D97A3.jpeg
      326.7 KB · Views: 204
    Longer freebore certainly isn't a bad thing as bulk ammo will still shoot with the accuracy of... well bulk ammo with a longer freebore, but longer bullets can't be made to work without enough freebore.

In fact I would want mine setup with enough freebore(ultra long) for the high BC for caliber bullets like the ELD 88's and Berger 90's.

Something along the lines of the below reamer specs... not that I've given it much thought :rolleyes:

Longer freebore certainly isn't a bad thing as bulk ammo will still shoot with the accuracy of... well bulk ammo with a longer freebore, but longer bullets can't be made to work without enough freebore.

In fact I would want mine setup with enough freebore(ultra long) for the high BC for caliber bullets like the ELD 88's and Berger 90's.

Something along the lines of the below reamer specs... not that I've given it much thought :rolleyes:

View attachment 7090108
    That looks real close to what this will be throated, right at .162”. This is a standard 223 Wylde reamer, just gonna extend the throat. Factory ammo shoots good, maybe 1/2-3/4” with most closer to 3/4” consistently. If I use bulk 55gr it’s closer to the 1.5-2” but it goes bang. I asked the guys what’s good factory ammo and most stated FGMM, with a few using fiocchi.
    I want this kit to work with factory as an easy cheap trainer, but if it takes long handloads to feed flawlessly then it might be geared that direction. Although it would take handloading to get it optimal, it seems thats where all competitive ammo shines best, when it’s optimized for the barrel. I guess I’m bias cause I haven’t shot a factory loaded round in over 7yrs. We’ll see, got everything from the heat treater, tomorrow I assembly and gonna throat the barrel, then run a few longer rounds to see if it’ll feed how I’d like. Luckily with a Dillon & Mark7 i can pump out about 400rds rather quickly ?.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
    That looks real close to what this will be throated, right at .162”. This is a standard 223 Wylde reamer, just gonna extend the throat. Factory ammo shoots good, maybe 1/2-3/4” with most closer to 3/4” consistently. If I use bulk 55gr it’s closer to the 1.5-2” but it goes bang. I asked the guys what’s good factory ammo and most stated FGMM, with a few using fiocchi.
    I want this kit to work with factory as an easy cheap trainer, but if it takes long handloads to feed flawlessly then it might be geared that direction. Although it would take handloading to get it optimal, it seems thats where all competitive ammo shines best, when it’s optimized for the barrel. I guess I’m bias cause I haven’t shot a factory loaded round in over 7yrs. We’ll see, got everything from the heat treater, tomorrow I assembly and gonna throat the barrel, then run a few longer rounds to see if it’ll feed how I’d like. Luckily with a Dillon & Mark7 i can pump out about 400rds rather quickly ?.

Can't wait to hear the results.

update & question

So when I was running Dasher & BRA in my AX having a shorter freebore caused some feeding issues. While these are not exactly the same where the round would hit on the tenon like in the BRA feeding from HRD mags, I’m still thinking having a longer freebore in 223 would help alleviate some of the snags. Tomorrow picking up the bolt heads from heat treater, hope to test.

Question:
    If having longer rounds were necessary to the perfect function of this conversion would that be a negative ? It’ll still feed factory, but as seen in worst case scenario video it has a snag. Longer throated handloads might be the best solution. From factory Wylde chamber I’m guessing it’ll need to be .080” longer bringing it to .140”FB, left 3 are longer. Right bullet is max OAL with standard reamer, still around .020” longer then factory 77

I may be a minority here, but a big reason I would purchase a 223 kit would be so I could shoot without reloads. So it might not be a deal breaker, but it would definitely reduce the value side of the equation for me.

I may be a minority here, but a big reason I would purchase a 223 kit would be so I could shoot without reloads. So it might not be a deal breaker, but it would definitely reduce the value side of the equation for me.
    I really want it to feed 100% with factory stuff, it’s still my mission. BUT if in the end it doesn’t I won’t market it as such. Currently I’ve run it in 2 club matches with factory length ammo and over 900. In those 2 matches (150rds) I had around 10-13 of those hangups as seen in my barricade video. It’s not horrible but still something I have to watch for, but really easy to overcome.

Assembled everything today, will send some rounds down range with a modded mag and some longer rounds to see what it’s doing.

Gilbert is that you! Amazing!it figures the boyz down south would come up with something that no one else could!!! Its what MAGA!!!
    Yes sir it’s me, remember the screen name but not name. It’s working good, but today showed so much promise.

I would second Aaron47pb
    Well today I ran 100rds with a modded mag, took me awhile to get the daily task out of the way but I had time at the end of the day. So I have 2 mags that have been working well for the past several weeks through all the revisions in the bolt head. One of the issues I felt was happening was hitting the feed ramps straight on causing a bind. Well I modded a mag to influence the round to find a side. Well I’m super stoked that after 94rds I did not have a single issue. It worked perfect. After 50 or so rounds I ran a few in the other mag and could get it to hiccup if I forced it. Ran the remaining rounds in the other mag and couldn’t get it to do it again. Not sayin it’s 100% but modding the mag is definitely key. These are factory length rounds. Tomorrow hopefully ?? I’ll get a chance to run a couple hundred XM193 to further test.

This weekend was brutal hot, heat index peaked at 122* so I didn’t spend as much time as I wanted shooting factory ammo, still ran about 100rds this weekend and still no jams or issues.

But...we finished #2 tester conversion. With modded MDT mags it ran excellent. Shows as much promise as AccurateMag. To get them to work it was a simple mod, all we did was relieve the mag catch catch to not rub the bolt when inserted. Really just played with the rifle in the back room. Dry fed about 120rds slow, fast and in a few weird angles to see what the rifle did.

Hopefully next week is not as hot, really want to run some more live ammo before next Sunday’s club match.

2 videos, first is just normal test feeding out of the MDT, out of the box factory ammo. Second video is as fast as the Gunsmith can run the bolt...no we didn’t speed up the camera.

Tag for another Sotex / Central Texas guy interested in a lefty
    Unfortunately that’s further out in the ideas I have.

223 factory conversion short action is the priority.
    Valk is an idea that’s been pushed around
    Short mag is the other idea that’s been kicked around lately particularly 300WSM & 6.5PRC

Attachments

• 679B5D5B-516D-47A2-937E-8C6AA3E5AF74.jpeg
      679B5D5B-516D-47A2-937E-8C6AA3E5AF74.jpeg
      92.9 KB · Views: 205
    Finally had a chance to run some rounds through a few different mags to see where an issue was. Any misfeeding is 100% mag related. On one AccurateMag that I modded it ran flawlessly over 40rds under any condition. With a buddies MDT mag it would feed great rds 1-9, then on the last round it would nose dive into the mag, it did that 3times over 4 10rd strings. Then on another AccurateMag it would feed great rds 1-8 and round #9 would snag going up the feedramp. I ran 4 10rd strings and it did it only on #9, #10 would feed great. I pulled the spring and stretched the shit out of it and ran another 4 10rd strings and not one single hiccup. So all mag related issues. I have 3 mags that feed great that I plan on running this Sunday in our Sotex club match.

One thing I will add is shooting 120rds of crap factory ammo is labor intensive. On a 110* day that barrel got hot, i had to let it cool every 10-20rds or i just felt bad for my barrel.

Rifle is zeroed, chronied and ready for this Sunday. Will post any issues and hope I can get a few videos on various stages.

Ran the 223 this Sunday at our club match. Not a single hiccup, mag was reason for past issues. Shot 89rds at the match from all the barricades with & without pressure on the mag whatever the stage required and it was smooth feeding all day long. I ran about 30rds on Saturday tryin to figure out why the Labradar wouldn’t work but rifle fed flawlessly. I think the conversion is a complete success, ran just as i would like in my AI

Dropped off the first other conversion other then mine for Larry to run it through its paces. I feel he’s a much better shooter then me and can actually win with a 223. Me on the other hand...it’ll be my practice barrel for trigger time at the range.

I’m going to edit my original post as it makes the conversion the issue, when it’s been the mag all along.

Reactions: gazi
    To add these rounds fired were all factory length ammo, I was shooting 77OTM but ro factory length specs. No over extends rounds, Saturday’s ammo was XM193 as it came from a box. I will say that ammo is shit, it made me second guess my shooting, was barely able to maintain a 1.5” group.

Still wanna run some more ammo to see any issues that may arise but I think the last revision & mag tweaks have solved everything. It extracts every time, loaded or empty, ejects everything, no issues with brass falling or flipping around and it feeds great, it’ll feed empty cases in you’re into that sorta thing. You can even dump empty cases on the mag and it’ll chamber. Now for longevity testing, what should be a decent amount of rounds to see if anything breaks or gets loose in bolt head ?

Reactions: gazi and brianf