• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International 22LR Trainer?

Arbiter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2011
Tampa, FL
Looks like we might have a neat little replica AI AW available here stateside shortly:

Legacy Sports - SPA Straight Pull Action

Assuming the trigger is vaguely acceptable, and the quality is sufficient, this might make for a cool little short-range training tool for those who shoot AIs already. $699 retail means dealer cost is probably around $500-550, and that we might see street prices of $600-650.

What caliber do you consider cheaper to shoot than .308, which does use the same bolt face?
If possible, i would get a .223 bolt for the AI, but haven't found anything that is really cheaper than .308

Most of the cartridges that use cheaper .224 caliber bullets are barrel burners, so it's not cheaper to shoot.
I'm genuinely interested, but haven't been able to find anything that is truly cheaper.

^ possibly, they may have a contract with the airsoft folks to produce stocks.

i seen this a few weeks ago, i haven't found much fault with the airsoft conversion i've done on the CZ.

let's just hope it's the aluminum bedding chassis version.

from the video, looks as if theres a hardly noticable dovetail on top, hope they decide to drill and tap.

big thing AICS style stock or not, it would be interesting to see what kind of groups it would print.

but, all criticizes aside, give credit to a manufacturer that's putting out something that resembles what we've been asking for.

^ possibly, they may have a contract with the airsoft folks to produce stocks.

i seen this a few weeks ago, i haven't found much fault with the airsoft conversion i've done on the CZ.

let's just hope it's the aluminum bedding chassis version.

from the video, looks as if theres a hardly noticable dovetail on top, hope they decide to drill and tap.

big thing AICS style stock or not, it would be interesting to see what kind of groups it would print.

but, all criticizes aside, give credit to a manufacturer that's putting out something that resembles what we've been asking for.

I agree, give them credit...but seeing how it shoots will tell the real story.

I have seen samples of these shoot. Be VERY CAREFUL. they look nice. But looks can bite you in the ass just like a trophy wife.

Looks interesting...but I'm skeptical about the quality. Need to see some groups before I make up my mind.

Interesting. I just finished my stock swap with a MKII FV-SR. I'm kinda happy with the airsoft stock. it is resonably ridgid with an aluminum channel and i mated an aluminum bedding block to it.

marchs%2520050.jpg

Any one notice all the screws along the top RH side of the receiver , looks cheap and nasty .

Later Chris

silly debate about "cheap" practice with an AI, if you can afford an AI and a scope worthy of it, you can afford to practice with any ammo you want.

Icentropy nice job hat was the cost to do the stock I have a 17hmr that I have been thinking of doing this to.