• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AE MK I Upgrade?

P3T3R

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2011
Kent, United Kingdom
I am currently saving for an AE MK III, but have been given the chance to buy a AE MK I at a very reasonable price, I was wandering if the MK I can be upgraded to a MK III specs.

I know about the differences and thought as the action can be removed from the chasis it may be possible, my only wandering was about the removable trigger group they added in the MK II and also if the barrel thread is the same across all models so I could have it in 6.5x47 Lapua.

I am in the UK so would be easy to send it to AI, would have phoned the dealers but it is a bank holiday at the moment so thought I would ask here instead, many thanks in advance.

Pete.

Re: Accuracy International AE MK I Upgrade?

I am going to take a wild guess and say that even if AI LTD. will sell you the parts, it's not going to be financially feasible. The MkIII is not that expensive.

I do believe the barrel threads are the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: P3T3R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am currently saving for an AE MK III, but have been given the chance to buy a AE MK I at a very reasonable price, I was wandering if the MK I can be upgraded to a MK III specs.

I know about the differences and thought as the action can be removed from the chasis it may be possible, my only wandering was about the removable trigger group they added in the MK II and also if the barrel thread is the same across all models so I could have it in 6.5x47 Lapua.

I am in the UK so would be easy to send it to AI, would have phoned the dealers but it is a bank holiday at the moment so thought I would ask here instead, many thanks in advance.

Pete. </div></div>

I have a mkI that I can remove the trigger group from?

I know they are not that expensive in precision bolt gun terms, but at 19 it is going to take a while to save, if I could do it over a period over time it may help the finances, although as I deer stalker I have developed patience and am prepared to wait for what I want.

Just as a side note I love your YouTube vids. Thanks for the reply.

Pete, if the MkI is a good deal, then buy it. They are accurate rifles. Just don't worry about converting it to a MkIII. The only real drawback would be having to use MkI magazines instead of the AICS mags.

What I meant my "they are not expensive" is that I think you will quickly find that buying the rifle and converting it will exceed the cost of a new MkIII or used MkII.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a mkI that I can remove the trigger group from? </div></div>

The MkII and MkIII allow you to remove the trigger without taking the action out of the chassis.