• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AE MKIII Rifle - Feeding Issues and Trigger Questions

orba_66

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2023
CA :(
I wanted to bring up a couple of issues I've been experiencing with my Accuracy International AE MKIII rifle chambered in 6.5CM. I'm hoping to get some insights and advice from the community on how to tackle these problems.

1. Feeding Issues on 6.5CM: Lately, I've been encountering feeding problems where the rounds seem to bind in the magazine. This issue is somewhat intermittent, and I've tried different types of ammunition, but the problem persists. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with this rifle or any other similar platform? What solutions or troubleshooting steps could you recommend to address this problem?

2. Trigger Performance: Additionally, I've noticed that the two-stage trigger on my rifle seems to work flawlessly when there are only one or two rounds in the magazine. However, as I load more rounds into the magazine, the trigger performance becomes inconsistent. It feels as if the trigger pull changes, affecting my shot control. Has anyone else noticed this behavior with the trigger or encountered similar experiences with other triggers? What can be done to improve the trigger's consistency with a fully loaded magazine?

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

I would call Adam at Mile High and pick his brain on these two issues. I believe the AE MKIII was only available in 7.62 caliber. You might have a rifle that's been re-barreled. Even so, 6.5 CM should feed flawless thru it. Adam will be your guy on this one.

Reactions: jpspeeddemon
My mK3 is a 7.62. Zero issues with a 5 or 10 round mag, never had an issue with the trigger. Also didn’t F with it from the factory when I got it.

I would call Adam at Mile High and pick his brain on these two issues. I believe the AE MKIII was only available in 7.62 caliber. You might have a rifle that's been re-barreled. Even so, 6.5 CM should feed flawless thru it. Adam will be your guy on this one.

While I believe AI UK only supplied 308 barrels for the AE, I bought one of my AE Mk3's brand new from mile high with a tooley 6.5cm bartlein barrel. It ran great for me in 6.5cm, and it's still running great for the friend who bought it from me. (Some people did have primer cratering issues with their AEs, AWs, and large firing pin AT/AX with .260/6cm/6.5cm/6 Dasher/etc, luckily LRI can bush the bolts and turn down the firing pin for a reasonable cost. Many years ago I had Wade Stuteville bush the bolt on my 2nd AE which I ran 6 Dasher in.)

If the op is having mag/feed issues, I would try another mag... chances are the mag has issues, I doubt it's the action or stock.

If the trigger is feeling inconsistent the first thing I would do is pull the bolt shroud and firing pin and make sure the spring, cocking piece, firing pin, and inside of the bolt are clean. Next would be to make sure the trigger is still bolted tightly to the action. IIRC the AE trigger to action torque is 3.5 nm, which is 31 in-lb. I can't remember if you have to pull the action to get to the AE trigger screws, but if you do, when you go to put it back together after checking the trigger screws the action to stock screw torque is 10 nm (88 in-lb.) I would not recommend screwing with the stage or sear adjustment screws on the trigger, only the pull weight as per the manual.

Last edited:
Reactions: orba_66