• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT Reviews?

Mulga

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2008
Australia
Has anyone received their new AT yet?

Really looking forwards to some reviews on this rifle. I have the cash and am ready to order but there are too many unknowns with the AT at this point. I was ready to drop the hammer and jump on the band wagon; then a thread at ukvarminting planted the seed of doubt; I am mow tied between the AT and the Sako TRG22. I need more information!

Cheers

Dan

it rocks, I have shot the one running around a bunch, it's a great deal, and yes, it's just an AW action, with the QuickLoc barrel change feature and if you want the NV Bridge.

For the money it's really hard to beat, the only negative anyone has to say is the looks with the scope rail, but honestly in person, it's a non-issue, at least for me it was.

I shot it for the videos, and then went to Gunsite for the Vicker's TV show. Shot a mover, (Northern Lights Robot) and pretty much cut the cardboard in half, and I called it prior... it's a hammer.

I like it a lot,

Reactions: Tylermtech
Has anyone received their new AT yet?

Really looking forwards to some reviews on this rifle. I have the cash and am ready to order but there are too many unknowns with the AT at this point. I was ready to drop the hammer and jump on the band wagon; then a thread at ukvarminting planted the seed of doubt; I am mow tied between the AT and the Sako TRG22. I need more information!

Cheers

Dan

Can you elaborate regarding the "seed of doubt".

As I said, the only negative I have seen is people commenting on the rail height, it's designed to match up the NV Bridge, and it's the same one used on the AX with a rail, so it's tall.

Otherwise, I couldn't see any downside, especially when you consider the price. It's got much of the legacy features, so maybe they were hoping for a right side folder instead of the left ?

they added the same trigger with the adjustable shoe, it's the square action and the QuickLoc means no tools. You have to understand it's designed for LE / Mil so that NV bridge might throw some off, but you can do so much with it, and with the adjustable cheek, it's really a non-issue. You can easily use the lowest rings available for your rifle and slam the scope down as much as possible if you wanted it.

The only downside to all of this is that all of us AW owners took a big depreciation hit with the MC and the lower priced AT. Doesn't really matter to me and I will just hang on to the two AW and two AX that I have. Hell, if I like the AT that much I have room for one in the safe. Bring it on!!
And thanks for the input LL.

Can you elaborate regarding the "seed of doubt".

My doubs arise from posts here: 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Tactical - UK Varminting

Main area of concern is the design of the quick lock barrel system; a possible weakening of the system due to the cuts made in the action.

Unless some real test evidence comes forth to settle my doubts, this may be a system that needs to mature a bit before I spend my cash.

It's the same as the PSR, so mature in what way, the Army tested the hell out of it, and it was pretty much neck and neck with the Remington, and even won in the Accuracy Department.

A bunch of PRSs out there, and not one person has complained yet.

I agree frank. I ordered mine with the NV bridge so I plan on using the same height mount as I have on my AX. I'm more of less just curious why he's doubting the system, I see no reason to doubt a single thing about it. The only thing I'd change is the delivery ETA. I ordered mine the first day of SHOT and was told late February which I knew wasn't going to happen but I was hoping to see it by April.

I haven't been this excited about a rifle in some time. Looking forward to mine.

I only wish I was allowed to run NV so I could take advantage of the bridge. :(

THIS is the AI I've been waiting for. I dreamed many years ago what I would want in my perfect AI, and AI delivered it. (Well technically the PSR did it first, but couldn't afford that).

For the price, it's phenomenal.

So which 0 cant spuhr mount will put a S&B 5-25×56 closest to the barrel and still fit BC covers? SP-4001?

Unfortunately nobody here in the states has an actual production AT as has been stated. It will be a little while before they start to trickle in here and you can be rest assured that once they are in you will see picture / review threads appear.

I would love to see this so called "bad" review of an AT. The overall system has been the culmination of a number of AI's successes in other platforms all brought into one package at a fantastic price. The only review I've seen is on a new AX MC 308 on the UK forum and the guy was very pleased about his new purchase after selling his old AX to a buddy.

The only thing about the AT that some may not like is the rail height, which Spuhr is already planning on making a lower rail for those who do not need the NV capabilities. Even if you do not want to replace the stock rail, you can always buy rings low enough to slam that scope down low as Lowlight has pointed out.

If you've ever had your hands on an AI, you know that those things are built like fucking tanks, and that the action is buttery smooth. You also know that AIs are renowned for durability and reliability. I would highly doubt that AI would ever put to market an AE replacement that had not been tested and vetted in all design features. The AE rifles my team are running are amazing pieces of awesomeness.

Sako makes a damn fine rifle, there's no doubt. It just all comes down to features. Don't let the supposition and conspiracy theories from the basement-dwelling keyboard commandos ON A VARMINTING FORUM sway you. Sit down and figure out what exactly you want out of the rifle. What features, how much do you want to spend, etc? Then look at what each rifle offers and determine which best fits.

Here's something to keep in mind though- the AT is now somewhat of a Apples vs Oranges compared to the TRG22 because of the quick-change barrel capability and modularity of the stock.

I started the topic on ukvarminting the OP is referring to.

Have no doubt that ukvarminting is not just about varmints but all things accuracy.

Now that our members have had hands on with the MC action both in AT and AX format there is no doubt the system is up to AI standard.

Having owned and sold a folding TRG I am now a firm AI follower. I'm just trying to decide If I can justify the AX when the AT is such good value.

I agree frank. I ordered mine with the NV bridge so I plan on using the same height mount as I have on my AX. I'm more of less just curious why he's doubting the system, I see no reason to doubt a single thing about it. The only thing I'd change is the delivery ETA. I ordered mine the first day of SHOT and was told late February which I knew wasn't going to happen but I was hoping to see it by April.

I got my SPUHR to match up to the NV rail so I am not worried about the height. Mile High had it spec'd out so that was pretty convienent. I will have to move the zero stop on my NF due to the POI being a bit high but no worries. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for my AT.......can't wait.

Grats. Was gonna say wait on sako m10 and arc m2 release in a few months. Hopefully. That's if you wanted a switch barrel other than ai and dta

Grats. Was gonna say wait on sako m10 and arc m2 release in a few months. Hopefully. That's if you wanted a switch barrel other than ai and dta

So they use the weird barrel extensions right? See this I think is one of the biggest places AI got right on this one. Its just a "normal" thread barrel, so as long as you have the right shank blank any gunsmith could chamber it up.

Vs all the other guys who basically refuse to sell the extensions unless you buy a barrel or kit from them(DTA not to be included in that one).

And we all know you have put one thru its paces. Tell us more.
The AT is built on the AW action, correct? How could that be bad?

Yep,..it just an AW with a new set of skins, quick barrel change and trhe AX trigger blade. Not really a new rifle at all!

Go for the AXMC with the bolt side folder. TRG's are nice as I own one, but the AXMC takes the race with all the right upgrades over the SAKO. Hell do the 0% financing on one through Mile High.