• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT Stocksides/Thumbhole?

abalducci94

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2019
Upstate NY
Hey guys,

I am planning on ordering one of these either tomorrow or Friday and was wondering about the stocksides and there availability. My plan as of right now is to buy a black rifle with a 24' 308 barrel with the fixed stock. Possibly doing the AX Folder mod in the future. Green is OOS everywhere in the 24", but not the 20".

From what I can see the stocksides are only really available at the moment in tan. Were they discontinued? Are the ones listed as backorderable, under AICS stocksides, compatible?

Would the 20" be worth it if my ideal color is green? I know the FPS difference between 24 and 20 is about 80fps give or take, but my real plan is to shoot 308 out of this rifle for about 6 months then buy a 6.5 barrel in 26 or more. I guess its kind of moot, the 24 will perform better and color is meaningless, just wondering if ill even have the option in the future.

Another question I have, is this thumbhole kit for the AT and is it discontinued as well?

Sorry for the noob questions, will be my first AI Rifle.

Thanks gentlemen

Last edited:
Can’t really answer your availability question. But can tell you your the 10 person is a few months to look for these thumb hole stocks. Decent amount of WTB adds with little success in finding them. The AX mod may actually be easier to do now if you plan to in the future anyways

That said love my AT with the thumb hole
B32F71F2-AC53-46AD-B430-AC78B5EA83B5.jpeg

How do you like the normal folder? Worth the extra $500? I’m struggling to pick between them, the $500 I could put towards other parts of the build, but does having a folder make it easier to source parts?

What I’m guessing is only eurooptic and mhs carry AI parts.

Last edited:
If you are going to replace the barrel anyways then why does the length count? If you want a green AT in 6.5 then start working toward it. I wanted the 20" because to me the weight/length is not worth the difference in FPS. Plus its going to get even longer and heavier when my Nomad gets out of jail.

I'm not sure I understand the stock question - aren't the AX and regular/thumbhole AT stocks mutually exclusive? If you go the thumbhole route I will say that I looked for ~6 mo before I was able to find a set of green thumbhole skins and they were for a fixed stock... I ended up cutting them down to fit on my folder. I don't believe they have been officially discontinued but they are hard to find.

Sporting Services in the UK has them in stock right now for 54 euros. Just bought a fixed green and with shipping it was $90 us total.

I have an AT with thumb hole stock and I bought mine from Sporting Services in the UK. I have always found this company very helpful. Also purchased an AI competition trigger for my AI AT from them - expensive (£550) but in my opinion worth it.

I ended up finding green stocksides, and doing the AX Stock swap. Many people have recommended sporting services and I think I will use them in the future. Next purchase for this rifle will be the competition trigger.
AC8786B8-CB63-491B-97D9-634119E68D92.jpeg

I ended up finding green stocksides, and doing the AX Stock swap. Many people have recommended sporting services and I think I will use them in the future. Next purchase for this rifle will be the competition trigger.

You might want to read up on that trigger home skillet.....

Reactions: HD1911
I have an AT with thumb hole stock and I bought mine from Sporting Services in the UK. I have always found this company very helpful. Also purchased an AI competition trigger for my AI AT from them - expensive (£550) but in my opinion worth it.

Available in the UK here:

If you are going to replace the barrel anyways then why does the length count? If you want a green AT in 6.5 then start working toward it. I wanted the 20" because to me the weight/length is not worth the difference in FPS. Plus its going to get even longer and heavier when my Nomad gets out of jail.

I'm not sure I understand the stock question - aren't the AX and regular/thumbhole AT stocks mutually exclusive? If you go the thumbhole route I will say that I looked for ~6 mo before I was able to find a set of green thumbhole skins and they were for a fixed stock... I ended up cutting them down to fit on my folder. I don't believe they have been officially discontinued but they are hard to find.
That’s fantastic! So you used a fixed thumbhole stock and cut it to fit as a folding stock? How did you do it? Please. Because I am also thinking about it, try to get the fixed thumbhole stock then make it fit the folder. Thank you.