• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AX Aftermarket Barrels Recommendations

LYKD0789

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2020
Hi, Guys. I haven owned a AI AXMC Chambered in 300 Norma and 338 Norma and another AXSA chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. I am actually looking for a better barrels for these two platforms. However, I have noticed that there is little number of people using the carbon wrapped barrels. So my question is should I go with a stainless barrel or a carbon wrapped barrel? Cause I thought the manufacturers are using the carbon wrap to maximize the rigidity in order to improve the accuracy since the carbon wrap could minimize the vibration while the bullet moving through the barrels? If so, which manufacturer's carbon barrels can you guys recommend? What about the stainless ones? Thank you for clarifications.

AINA barrels are top tier Bartlein cut rifled blanks machined on top of the line CNC lathes. There are no “better” barrels than that because they’re among the best that money can buy.

If you’re looking for alternatives the options are endless. Proof is great for prefits and any one of hundreds of smiths can turn you whatever you want.

I guess I’ll send him a PM.

Last edited:
+1 for Dave Tooley. AXMC barrel in 300 PRC. Shots 16-20 during break in:

IMG_5255-1618331.jpg