• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AX-AICS-MKII Chassis

OneShot63

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2017
Alright, I am considering the purchase of the AI AX-AICS-MKII Chassis System and was looking for some feedback from some folks that have them.
Pro’s - Con’s - General overall thoughts. I currently run Foundation Stocks and really love them but there is just something about the AI that has me interested.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks James

20200731_175408.jpg
Great chassis, but if the grip doesn't feel right to you then its not gonna feel right. I love mine and also the old school thumbhole, but I rarely wrap my thumb.
20200923_101705.jpg

View attachment 7431590Great chassis, but if the grip doesn't feel right to you then its not gonna feel right. I love mine and also the old school thumbhole, but I rarely wrap my thumb.View attachment 7431591
So I have a question on the 6.5 PRC. Are you running the 30WSM mags and how is the fitment in the chassis ? I will be running a 6mm SST II (Sherman Short Mag Tactical).
Thanks James

Yep, 300wsm accurate mag. It works just fine. Im using a badger action, chassis had to be fully inletted for it. Ive got a biddy that has a deadline(700footprint) in an ax, in 6.5prc. It works just fine with the 300wsm mags. He did have to file some of mag catch, but that was due to the oversized deadline bolt.

Yep, 300wsm accurate mag. It works just fine. Im using a badger action, chassis had to be fully inletted for it. Ive got a biddy that has a deadline(700footprint) in an ax, in 6.5prc. It works just fine with the 300wsm mags. He did have to file some of mag catch, but that was due to the oversized deadline bolt.
Gotcha, I would be running an Impact 737 S/A, so I would assume it to be good to go ?
James

Should be. Every action is a smidge different. Origins with 6.5prc, for an example, needs the rear feed lips pinched in to slightly lower top rd. If you don't, when it ejects empty brass, it will catch the empty between ejection port and top rd. With a spring ejector(impact) it will start ejecting case sooner than a mechanical ejector.
20200717_193115.jpg

Impact in an aics, its a 6mm wildcat called 243 cutright
20191210_174307.jpg

How does the AX shoot ? Any issues with cold bore shots. I run foundations now and are are very accurate.

Attachments

• 4F8199FD-DB7A-4434-951A-EFD518B940B6.jpeg
    4F8199FD-DB7A-4434-951A-EFD518B940B6.jpeg
    446.6 KB · Views: 76
  • F9C2E192-DECB-48F3-94C9-B9305AC865E4.jpeg
    F9C2E192-DECB-48F3-94C9-B9305AC865E4.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 75
I've never thought about chassis vs another chassis effecting cold bore....interesting question to make for a good little experiment...will cost some time for someone to test

Remember a badger has two lugs on the action so as rock solid as you can get without bonding

Awesome to see a badger in a post 2014 AX chassis running 6.5PRC 🤩

I own two SA post 14 AX chassis’d rifles. The sage green is an Impact 737r with a 6BR barrel and the tan one is a Vudoo V22 with a proof barrel. They both have the Anarchy Outdoors thumb rests and RRS aux plate and full arca rails on the forend. I love the way the feel and look and over all they’re great chassis’s in my opinion. The folding mechanism is nice and tight as you would expect on a premium chassis. I get phenomanal accuracy out of both of my rifles as well.

Note: if you’re going to be running an impact, you’ll have to relieve a little material for the trigger hanger and maybe the recoil lug. Takes 2 minutes with a dremel
F42F706D-FF3D-426B-A5E2-AE16B76B2ED2.jpeg
67F045B5-47B7-423F-B6A0-AA3E030DC10A.jpeg

I own two SA post 14 AX chassis’d rifles. The sage green is an Impact 737r with a 6BR barrel and the tan one is a Vudoo V22 with a proof barrel. They both have the Anarchy Outdoors thumb rests and RRS aux plate and full arca rails on the forend. I love the way the feel and look and over all they’re great chassis’s in my opinion. The folding mechanism is nice and tight as you would expect on a premium chassis. I get phenomanal accuracy out of both of my rifles as well.

Note: if you’re going to be running an impact, you’ll have to relieve a little material for the trigger hanger and maybe the recoil lug. Takes 2 minutes with a dremelView attachment 7432310View attachment 7432311
How much material needs to be removed for the hanger and recoil lug ? Bummer on having to make mods to the chassis ! No warranty after that.... Also what Spuhr Mount are you running for the Impact ?
Thanks James

Last edited:
The good news is, if you live through what damages an ai chassis so it needs warranty, you're lucky, lol. I forgot that on an impact, or any action with a trigger hanger. The recoil lug pocket is fine as is. The rear part of trigger hanger is also fine. The front part of trigger hanger is where it makes contact. Not much needs clearanced, i machinist with an end mill can take care of it in 10 min. It is a fairly shallow cut in a non critical area, meaning no strength/rigidity of chassis is lost. Same thing is required on a non impact mini chassis manners.

How much material needs to be removed for the hanger and recoil lug ? Bummer on having to make mods to the chassis ! No warranty after that.... Also what Spuhr Mount are you running for the Impact ?
Thanks James
Very little material. It’s just because of the trigger hanger on the impact is in the way. And that’s a Spuhr 4602 mount on the sage green chassis and a Spuhr 6002 mount on the tan one.

Thanks for all the info you all have provided I truly appreciate you all taking the time to help me understand the particulars of these chassis. And all your rigs are awesome !!! Love it....
Thanks as its hard to pull myself away from the Foundations.....

Reactions: Krob95
Thanks for all the info you all have provided I truly appreciate you all taking the time to help me understand the particulars of these chassis. And all your rigs are awesome !!! Love it....
Thanks as its hard to pull myself away from the Foundations.....
absolutely man! Those foundations are nice, but I can’t bring myself to switch chassis’s lol