• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AXSA general question

whiskey556

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2023
United States
Hello SH community,

I am interested in purchasing an AXSA but was wondering if anybody has any insight on how much longer Accuracy International will keep this as a current model or when it may be discontinued and replaced.

I reached out to AI USA but wasn’t given any more information other than
1: the AXSA is still available
2: if the AXSA is discontinued there will still be support available

This would not be an easy purchase by any means and I would hate to jump into the purchase to have the model replaced by a newer model in a short time.

Thank you in advance!

My opinion is to decouple your purchase from the fear of it being superseded. They will never divulge that information to you. Any changes would likely be small in scope. Look at the migration from the AXMC to the AXSR. Changes made were small...I still have my AXMC and have no fears about parts or service support. I also have no plans to ever jump into the AXSR.

YMMV

That is solid advice that I never really considered.

I think the fear comes from the car and motorcycle industry where they usually have huge technical advances when new models come out.

Much appreciated!

Reactions: Nik H
So I guess you will never buy a car because a new model will come out.

No I’m not saying that at all. More so in that particular circumstance I would generally prefer the newer model car if I had the choice. I do get your point though.

Reactions: whatsupdoc
The AT, AX308, and AT-X actions are all the same, and are interchangeable. Any differences between the 3 in the past 8 years or so come down pretty much to the chassis.

If you love the look/feel of the AX, then buy one whenever you're ready. Used on the PX will likely be cheaper than new, especially because of the premium on the AX versus AT and AT-X. If you want the cheapest entry into an AI, buy a new non-folding AT, or a used AT, knowing you can upgrade it to the AO chassis or the AT-X chassis down the road. If you want the newest chassis design that will likely be the "current" model for the next 5+ years then get an AT-X.

The AT, AX308, and AT-X actions are all the same, and are interchangeable. Any differences between the 3 in the past 8 years or so come down pretty much to the chassis.

If you love the look/feel of the AX, then buy one whenever you're ready. Used on the PX will likely be cheaper than new, especially because of the premium on the AX versus AT and AT-X. If you want the cheapest entry into an AI, buy a new non-folding AT, or a used AT, knowing you can upgrade it to the AO chassis or the AT-X chassis down the road. If you want the newest chassis design that will likely be the "current" model for the next 5+ years then get an AT-X.
Great information!

Thank you everyone for the prompt feedback and helpful information. I would be new to the AI brand and appreciate the input and information you all are providing.

Seriously tho, the #1 thing with AI is to get behind the rifle and see if you like the grip/ergonomics. Those AI hand grip/trigger interfaces are polarizing and your hand/bone structure is what it is. Note that AI fixed this on the AT-X by using AR grips you can swap out. The AT and AX grip modules were designed to be semi-permanant. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Reactions: Nik H
Seriously tho, the #1 thing with AI is to get behind the rifle and see if you like the grip/ergonomics. Those AI hand grip/trigger interfaces are polarizing and your hand/bone structure is what it is. Note that AI fixed this on the AT-X by using AR grips you can swap out. The AT and AX grip modules were designed to be semi-permanant. Good luck with whatever you choose.
This is great advice. Some people don't like the grip shape...others don't like the trigger pull weight. There is a lot of interest in lighter triggers and even though AI offers a low pull weight trigger, it is an added cost unless buying the AT-X