• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy international barrels

Mj30wilson900

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    So they offer proof research and bartlein barrel blanks when ordering from win tac. Is their a difference besides the company?

Last edited:
    So they offer proof research and bartlein barrel blanks when ordering from win tac. Is their a difference besides the company?
    I think many here would agree that bartlein is the gold standard. Having said that I don’t think you could go wrong with either but I would choose bartlein over proof. But that’s just me.

I think many here would agree that bartlein is the gold standard. Having said that I don’t think you could go wrong with either but I would choose bartlein over proof. But that’s just me.
    Now the bartlein is price over $200 more. Still going with bartlein? That big of difference?

The most accurate rifle I own is an AX with a steel Proof barrel. I have Bartlien, Krieger, Schneider, Rock barrels, too.

I can’t tell a difference in any of them and will/would definitely buy another Proof prefit.

Another opinion worth what you paid for it…

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    Bartlein over proof any day

Before I bought several for my AI’s I spoke with several members who owned both. They said Bartlein was easier to get shooting, less fouling and easier to clean

I honestly can’t say I’ve had a bad Bartlein and that’s my go to

Win tac chambers and finishes the barrels so I didn’t know their was that much difference in just the barrel blanks.

If you offered me a Proof barrel for free, I'd pay for the Bartlein.
    Ok why. What process does bartlein do that proof does not. I am not pro one or the other just wondering why one would select a proof or bartlein or x brand. Both proof and bartlein is single point cut rifled and hand lead lapped.
    X brand may be button pulled or pushed etc but let’s just say for this instance we are choosing a cut rifled barrel.
    Proof is a new guy in the block known for carbon fiber but we are comparing their stainless barrels.
    Bartlein are guys who branched off of krieger which I have barrels that are tack drivers.
    I know bartlein barrels good but what separates them? 4 groove? 5 groove? Material make up choice? What?
    Just saying bartlein because it’s bartlein is not telling me anything really.
    Accuracy international has certified both as suppliers of blanks for their guns so how did they make the grade?

Ok why. What process does bartlein do that proof does not. I am not pro one or the other just wondering why one would select a proof or bartlein or x brand. Both proof and bartlein is single point cut rifled and hand lead lapped.
    X brand may be button pulled or pushed etc but let’s just say for this instance we are choosing a cut rifled barrel.
    Proof is a new guy in the block known for carbon fiber but we are comparing their stainless barrels.
    Bartlein are guys who branched off of krieger which I have barrels that are tack drivers.
    I know bartlein barrels good but what separates them? 4 groove? 5 groove? Material make up choice? What?
    Just saying bartlein because it’s bartlein is not telling me anything really.
    Accuracy international has certified both as suppliers of blanks for their guns so how did they make the grade?
    I can speak for myself. I own exactly zero proof barrels. I own more than 20 bartlein. For me it just comes down to the people. @Frank Green and his crew have always been exceptional. The barrels all shoot. I have nothing negative personally to say about proof. Never had any interactions and I don’t know anyone has had a negative experience. If I was waning to try something new I’d give them a go. But if I had the choice I’m sticking with if it ain’t broke…….

I can speak for myself. I own exactly zero proof barrels. I own more than 20 bartlein. For me it just comes down to the people. @Frank Green and his crew have always been exceptional. The barrels all shoot. I have nothing negative personally to say about proof. Never had any interactions and I don’t know anyone has had a negative experience. If I was waning to try something new I’d give them a go. But if I had the choice I’m sticking with if it ain’t broke…….
    Now we are getting somewhere. People are important. I would rather have a craftsman than a button pusher who just pumps out what the machine gives them. The bartlein 400modbb barrel material is proof of forward movement and innovation where proof is doing what has been done just putting their name on it.