• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Bartlein barrel options?

DarinR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2007
Haysville, Kansas
I have searched on AI's website, this forum and Google but I can't find a listing of what Bartlein barrel options AI will be offering. I am looking for:

1) Caliber
2) Contour
3) Twist options
4) AW and/or AE versions

Please post if you have any insight on this.

Thanks,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Re: Accuracy International Bartlein barrel options?

This is the most current information I have; if it's incorrect please correct me:

.243 Winchester / 1-in-8” twist, available in 24” or 26” with or without muzzle brake
.260 Remington / 1-in-8.2” twist, available in 24” or 26” with or without muzzle brake
6.5 Creedmoor / 1-in-8.2” twist, available in 24” or 26” with or without muzzle brake
.308 Win / 1-in-10” twist, available in:

20” plain unthreaded
20” threaded with muzzle brake
20” fluted plain muzzle
20” fluted with muzzle brake
24” plain unthreaded
24” threaded with muzzle brake
26” plain unthreaded
26” threaded with muzzle brake

.300 Win Mag / 1-in-10” twist, available in a 26” fluted threaded barrel with muzzle brake
.338 Lapua / 1-in-10" twist, available in 27” fluted threaded barrel with muzzle brake

The threading is for the AW, for use on either AW or AE rifles interchangeably. The Bartlein barrel is a $100 upgrade cost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Bartlein barrel is a $100 upgrade cost. </div></div>

Wish you would have mentioned that when I ordered the AE.
wink.gif

So can I just pay the upgrade cost now for a Bartlein? (j/k....but not much).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the most current information I have; if it's incorrect please correct me:

.243 Winchester / 1-in-8” twist, available in 24” or 26” with or without muzzle brake
.260 Remington / 1-in-8.2” twist, available in 24” or 26” with or without muzzle brake
6.5 Creedmoor / 1-in-8.2” twist, available in 24” or 26” with or without muzzle brake
.308 Win / 1-in-10” twist, available in:

20” plain unthreaded
20” threaded with muzzle brake
20” fluted plain muzzle
20” fluted with muzzle brake
24” plain unthreaded
24” threaded with muzzle brake
26” plain unthreaded
26” threaded with muzzle brake

.300 Win Mag / 1-in-10” twist, available in a 26” fluted threaded barrel with muzzle brake
.338 Lapua / 1-in-10" twist, available in 27” fluted threaded barrel with muzzle brake

The threading is for the AW, for use on either AW or AE rifles interchangeably. The Bartlein barrel is a $100 upgrade cost. </div></div>

Thanks!!
Darin

So is the contours the same as the standard AI barrel contour for each given barrel length? Meaning the 26" short action barrels are "skinny" like the standard 26" AI .308 & .243 barrels and the 20" and 24" barrels will be the same diameter and contour as the original AI .308 barrels in these lengths?

Thanks,
Darin

Pretty sure after talking to Stacey a few months back that they will make you just about anything you want.

Currently in the Short Action AE and AW owners we are offering:
1. .243, Bartlein 1/8" 5R:
-24" and 26", 1960 profile (which is a bit heavier contour compared to the current 26" AW profile) and 4277 profile (current 24" barrel contour).
We currently are offering (x3) choices for muzzle threading/brake options:
***No muzzle threading
***All barrels can be currently ordered with M18x1.5 muzzle thread for AI muzzle brakes.
***AI QD Muzzle Brake installed (currently requires weapon to be shipped in for installation).

2. .260, Bartlein 1/8" 5R:
-24" and 26", 1960 profile (which is a bit heavier contour compared to the current 26" AW profile) and 4277 profile (current 24" barrel contour).
***No muzzle threading
***All barrels can be currently ordered with M18x1.5 muzzle thread for AI muzzle brakes.
***AI QD Muzzle Brake installed (currently requires weapon to be shipped in for installation).

3. 6.5 CM, Bartlein 1/8" 5R:
***No muzzle threading

4. .308, Bartlein 1/10" 5R:
-16" Covert barrel w/QD Muzzle Brake (weapon must be shipped to AINA for installation and no further options available)
-16"-20" 1960 or 4277 profiles.
-20" Fluted
***No muzzle threading

NOTE: We as well will be offering while available the UK barrels, but only in original configurations, no modifications will be offered.

Currently in the Long Action AW owners we are offering:

5. .300WM, Bartlein 1/10" 5R:
-24" and 26", 1960 profile.
-26" Fluted standard AWM profile.
***No muzzle threading

6. 7mmRM, Bartlein 1/8" 5R:
-26" Fluted standard AWM profile.
***No muzzle threading

7. .338 Lapua Mag, Bartlein 1/9.3 5R:
-20" and 26", 1960 profile.
-27" Fluted standard AWSM profile.
We currently are offering (x2) choices for muzzle threading/brake options:

NOTE: We as well will be offering while available the UK barrels, but only in original configurations, no modifications will be offered. There are no 7mmRM UK barrels offered.

All barrel's listed will be available to order directly from AINA Customer Service in Fredericksburg, VA. Hope this helps, thanks again to all for the continued support and happy holidays.

I'm assuming the only reason the rifle needs to be shipped to you guys for the 16" covert is to time the brake right? The barrel is still user swappable with the proper tools like all the others?

That is correct. On the Covert we must install and time the brake. Once done, you as the end user can remove, install other barrel options and reinstall the Covert as required.

Bartlein Barrels = Top Shelf/ Best Barrel made. Period.

Thanks for the details on the barrel contours and other specs Stacey!

Darin

Do we have to pm you for prices?

Are the 300WM barrels headspaced at the shoulder?

PM's are fine but email preferred so we can track and issue work orders, thanks.

We just received in some more .300WM, .338LM, 7mmRM, .308's and .260's. Please email for availability and pricing.

No sir, not instock or listed. I highly recommend you contact me and get this one ordered so we can get it into the work load, thanks.

I think I'm going to go with the barrel upgrade when I order mine.

Stacey, thanks for the info. One more question, are all of the barrels black or are they still bare SS.

Jason

Stacey,

You have email and PM.

Thanks,

-Bob

Digging through and answering as I go, thanks guys. Just a reminder to all, I will be out of the office for Shot Show 2011, from 15th - 23rd of January.

Interesting info, would be nice to see prices attached to these barrels. As I'm assuming not all are equal. Are these listed on a website?

Lots of options, but starting off at $600 up depending on caliber and spec's. Please contact us for further details.

Stacey b. is no longer at AI