• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Comp Trigger Poll

Opinion of those who purchased an Accuracy International Competition Trigger :

• I love it and kept it.

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Just didn't feel like the benefit was worth the cost and sold it.

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Didn't work right or had too many problems with it.

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't characterize it as "I loved it and kept it". More like "I installed it, it worked, so I haven't changed it back to the OEM one...yet". I'm too lazy to strip the skins off right now. I do think the comp trigger has made me more lax about follow through (I catch myself tapping or slapping the trigger on occasion). Hence why I intend to go back to the heavier OEM trigger.

Reactions: Badfinger
I am enjoying mine. I dont have a trigger pull gauge but I have it a good bit lighter than OEM but heavy enough in both stages for reliability and safety.

Thanks guys that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Unfortunately for me , I do more 100 yd bench shooting on my place then long range steel and I could see where the trigger could be beneficial. It seems like a lot people bought them when they first came out, as you would expect. Then I began seeing a lot of threads about having issues with the triggers and other sending them in for repair or selling them. I just wondered if anyone liked it and kept theirs.

I think when people started adjusting them themselves is when you started seeing problems. Many adjusted them to be a "single stage" trigger...

I run mine as it came out of the package and haven't had any problems.

I had 3. I'm back to the og...I had 1 fail in dusty conditions on 3 seperate desert shooting sessions. 1 was okay but couldn't reliably get under 2.5lbs. The other was okay around 1.75lbs but decided I would rather have the reliability of the factory.

My og factory trigger brakes clean at 2.5lbs with a slight tune up. Has never failed in some equally nasty conditions as my comp trigger did.

Too finicky for my taste to get dialed in where you supposedly should be able too.

I keep a full factory spare as a back up to my tuned factory trigger

I wish we could see the results without voting for those of us on the fence about buying one.

I wish we could see the results without voting for those of us on the fence about buying one.
1587064215288.png

I haven’t used the original. Mile High adjusted and installed the competition trigger before shipping the rifle. I like the competition trigger and have not had any issues to date.

I think when people started adjusting them themselves is when you started seeing problems. Many adjusted them to be a "single stage" trigger...

I run mine as it came out of the package and haven't had any problems.

Its advertised as such though.

And two of mine were adjusted by the designer of the trigger. Failed immediately upon return with no adjustments made by me.

What was the failure mode of the trigger?

Single stage. It’s advertised as such and had two set that way from factory.

Which was about the only reason I got it. For the option of a single stage.

I can tune a factory trigger down to about 1.25-1.5lb 2 stage. No need for a $400 trigger to do that.

I can tune a factory trigger down to about 1.25-1.5lb 2 stage. No need for a $400 trigger to do that.

I need to send u my factory trigger. Lol

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for!

I've installed the comp trigger as it was delivered. No complaints at all. Well, there was one time it surprised me on a tripod during a stage. I still hit a 6" round plate at 350. I was on target when I got on the trigger, but I guess I went straight through the first stage.
I did send the original trigger for Mile High to tune. I wish the factory trigger was able to get down into the 2-2.5 pound range easily.

I kept mine as a 2 stage but light and didnt mess with sear engagement and I've drop tested it as well as I can. 0 issues.

What was the failure mode of the trigger?

Mine failed to be drop safe within the advertised range as noted above.

My in the field failure got some fine Utah dry lakebed dust in it and stopped resetting. Flushed it out with acetone and high pressure air and it was up and running again.

Does this trigger work on AIAE MkIII’s? I’m not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze though? I have both of my factory triggers adjusted down to 3.0lbs and they feel amazing.

I was able to achieve getting them down to 2.5lbs but, honestly didn’t care for break and trigger feel. I believe 3.0lbs is perfect for my taste.

AvsFan:alien:

I just ordered one of these triggers, and now I'm concerned that it may not be as dependable as one might expect from AI. Has anything been done to address the issues that people are having?

I never had issues, but also haven't heard of anything changing. Then again, I haven't heard any complaints from recent buyers either. So....????

I don't own one, but anytime you make something adjustable by the end user you open the door to problems. The stock trigger is dependable because you can't really mess with it much.

I have one installed on an AX I bought in the fall. The factory trigger appeared to have been messed with and didn't feel like a 2 stage. I was able to buy the comp trigger locally and installed it as is without adjusting. Shot it a bit, added the thumbshelf no issues. This week, I picked up an AT in 308, shot it yesterday and got the group below with factory ammo. The trigger is heavy 2 stage but was amazed. I followed up with the AX right after and thought the pull was too light .... now I'm all sorts of confused?!?

20200417_225648.jpg
20200417_163128.jpg

I have been seriously contemplating getting two of these for my rifles but this thread has given me some pause...I think If I get it, I won’t adjust it. What is the factory preset?