• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Competition Triggers

Mile High Shooting

Accuracy Intl Distributor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Available for Pre-Order now! We expect these to arrive at our facility very soon!

https://www.milehighshooting.com/products.php?product=Accuracy-International-Competition-Trigger

trigger 2.png

Played with one yesterday. Very nice!

Since there is no safety on the actual trigger guessing it will work on left hand rifle?
    Very excited about this!!

Ordered one last night...I'm extremely excited! Thanks AI for listening to the competition community and making this happen!

Reactions: MarinePMI
    @Mile High Shooting do we need to specify flat shoe on the pre-order?

They commented on facebook that the current AT/AX trigger shoe will work on the new trigger, so for cost purposes I would rather order the new one with a flat shoe just to try it out. If I don't like it I can swap my current shoe onto the comp trigger. That's a better option than having to spend another $50 to try the flat shoe.

Reactions: Timo Turl
    @samb300 to be honest I'm fine with my current AI triggers if I could just purchase the flat shoe I would be happy.

Worst case ill just buy one for the comp rifle just want to make sure I get the flat shoe.

@Mile High Shooting

Looking to buy an AT fro y’all this December. Can a flat trigger shoe be put on the current AI trigger or does the flat shoe only work with the new competition trigger?

Thanks!

Pretty huge for the AI crowd. The triggers were one of the things lacking in those rifles IMO. Excited to hear how these work for you guys.

@Mile High Shooting

Looking to buy an AT fro y’all this December. Can a flat trigger shoe be put on the current AI trigger or does the flat shoe only work with the new competition trigger?

Thanks!

If the current shoe can fit on the new trigger, I see no reason why the flat shoe wouldn’t fit on the legacy trigger. You still may end up having to pay $50 for the flat shoe, but it’s a small percentage of the $4k+ for a new AT so I wouldn’t sweat it haha

Plus, the factory curved/grooved trigger shoe is really nice, you might end up liking it!

Reactions: PBWalsh
    @samb300

Yeah I’ve shot a standard AT and LOVED it (literally could not spec out a better rifle, maybe less weight), would just like to try a flat shoe. $50 is nothing if I get a shoe that will aid my trigger finger placement.

Speaking of, how’s the AT thumbrests coming along?

Reactions: Jeffd
    I generally don't criticize but "lacking" just cracked me up.

Maybe just a poor choice of wording haha. I’ve pulled more than my fair share of shots on barricades, etc, and would cuss under my breath that a lighter trigger pull would’ve saved that point. But, there are plenty of guys that out-shoot me with factory AI’s so ultimately it’s a bit of an excuse. I do think a SAFE 1.25# trigger will help in those situations though.

@samb300

Yeah I’ve shot a standard AT and LOVED it (literally could not spec out a better rifle, maybe less weight), would just like to try a flat shoe. $50 is nothing if I get a shoe that will aid my trigger finger placement.

Speaking of, how’s the AT thumbrests coming along?

The thumbrests are coming soon. The final design I have is pretty solid, and my buddies and I have put a good amount of rounds down range with them. I’m waiting to have the batch of parts made before I take orders, I don’t want any presale headaches or people getting upset if things take a week or two longer and they’ve already paid.

Reactions: Jeffd and PBWalsh
    Maybe just a poor choice of wording haha. I’ve pulled more than my fair share of shots on barricades, etc, and would cuss under my breath that a lighter trigger pull would’ve saved that point. But, there are plenty of guys that out-shoot me with factory AI’s so ultimately it’s a bit of an excuse. I do think a SAFE 1.25# trigger will help in those situations though.

There are definitely times when a lower pull weight would be advantageous. That is why I ordered the new trigger. I didn't buy it as a replacement. IMHO, the AI trigger is pretty much bulletproof. It is what it is for a reason. Much the same as the whole rifle. The rifle system is perfect for its intended purpose

I generally don't criticize but "lacking" just cracked me up.

Perhaps lacking is not the best word. Their triggers are decent. Some are better than others. My one shooting buddies AT trigger has horrendous creep, definitely leaves more to be desired. I think it even surprised the K&M instructors that felt it.

Other AI triggers I've felt are decent. Ive played with a lot of AI's. Not knocking the system, it's great at what it's designed for. Excellent rifles - out of the box durability, "one size fits most" sort of deal.

I think user adjustability is a great feature to have these days. I just prefer my system to be built for me, rather than have to adjust myself to fit a system.

I've been firmly set on a Desert Tech Covert to cut down on the length of my rifles so I can use suppressors all the time. All these AI accessories are starting to make me reconsider.

Reactions: RickyRodney
    @kthomas

Not that I am arguing or anything but what exactly do you find missing in terms of adjustability in an AI platform that makes a particular system "built for you". It isn't like you are getting a Purdy or H&H bespoke rifle right.

The only AI triggers I have felt that had excessive anything were the ones where the owner f'd up the trigger because they adjusted it improperly. I agree that some may find them too heavy but as far as creep and consistency in the break, there is nothing I have used that makes me feel like I am missing anything and I have tried a few triggers.

I've been firmly set on a Desert Tech Covert to cut down on the length of my rifles so I can use suppressors all the time. All these AI accessories are starting to make me reconsider.

I would suggest that you get behind a DT before you buy one. I could not get comfortable and hated the trigger. Lot's of shooters swear by them and I'm not knocking the platform. If it works for you it is great.

I'm probably the odd ball out. For me it's the lack of trigger control that gets me. I usually end up slapping the trigger or not following through. But then again; barricades are usually my stronger stages. Not all the time however.

I'm probably going to pass on the new trigger for the time being. Not that I don't think it's an improvement over the factory. Just not a $400 improvement. At least not for my game and where my shortcomings are. If I score a Mile High or AI cert at some point down the line or one pops up on the secondary market for a reasonable cost. I may try it after I get some time behind another shooters rifle with that trigger.

Reactions: beenjammin
    @kthomas

Not that I am arguing or anything but what exactly do you find missing in terms of adjustability in an AI platform that makes a particular system "built for you". It isn't like you are getting a Purdy or H&H bespoke rifle right.

The only AI triggers I have felt that had excessive anything were the ones where the owner f'd up the trigger because they adjusted it improperly. I agree that some may find them too heavy but as far as creep and consistency in the break, there is nothing I have used that makes me feel like I am missing anything and I have tried a few triggers.

Unadjustable trigger, pistol grip ergonomics are poor for me (and many others), I also have different chassis option preferences (balance point right in front of mag well, ARCA rail, no need for key slots, etc.). A custom rifle can be built to the exact specs you want - especially these days with all the amazing products out there. It's a great time to be a precision rifle shooter. An AI is an AI, love it or hate it, it is what it is.

His trigger was like that out of the box. UK AI rifle. He probably just got unlucky and got a lemon trigger. He lives in the UK, and is very jealous of our custom rifle options here. Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side. He know has a custom rifle being built by CORE to replace his AI.

Great rifles, no doubt about that. Just not for everyone. Great for AI owners to have more trigger options - I suspect this will cause more people to jump over to the AI platform.

Unadjustable trigger, pistol grip ergonomics are poor for me (and many others), I also have different chassis option preferences (balance point right in front of mag well, ARCA rail, no need for key slots, etc.). A custom rifle can be built to the exact specs you want - especially these days with all the amazing products out there. It's a great time to be a precision rifle shooter. An AI is an AI, love it or hate it, it is what it is.

His trigger was like that out of the box. UK AI rifle. He probably just got unlucky and got a lemon trigger. He lives in the UK, and is very jealous of our custom rifle options here. Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side. He know has a custom rifle being built by CORE to replace his AI.

Great rifles, no doubt about that. Just not for everyone. Great for AI owners to have more trigger options - I suspect this will cause more people to jump over to the AI platform.

It’s surprisingly easy to tune the creep out of a properly adjusted (pull weight) trigger. I bet a 1/4 or 1/2 turn on the sear screw would be all that it takes to get the crisp break back. I’ve adjusted my trigger from factory spec all the way down to 1.5# and back, and no matter the weight it’s possible to get a clean break by adjusting the sear screw. You just won’t have a drop safe rifle, which is why I adjusted the weight back up.

Lads,

Does anyone have the part number for the FLAT trigger shoe alone?

I'm going to replace the current curved one on my AT.

Have looked on MHSA, Team AI & AI Intl Facebook pages... Haven't found anything specific.

Thanks

Its only pre-order right now, may not have one, but if you get one, let us know if its a direct replacement. I’d be interested in a flat shoe for a soon to be AIAT.

Lads,

Does anyone have the part number for the FLAT trigger shoe alone?

I'm going to replace the current curved one on my AT.

Have looked on MHSA, Team AI & AI Intl Facebook pages... Haven't found anything specific.

Thanks

Mile High and EuroOptic have the AW/AWM comp trigger shoe listed as part #22-085, with a price of $47.00. Nothing on the flat shoe replacement, though. The comp trigger itself if part #C-XTSP0001

Reactions: 96C
    Maybe this will please the free recoil crowd ? Single stage AI :cautious:

In my opinion, free recoil is just a tool in the toolbox for certain stages/situations in match settings. A lighter trigger should help, though I've been able to make it work OK with a 3# trigger...it's just not optimal for free recoiling. Although I will say a good thumb rest helps :cool:

Reactions: M77
    It AI starts selling barreled actions I will definitely get back in the AI game.

Would love to try one of these new triggers but doubt we will see any in Canada.

Reactions: 96C
    It AI starts selling barreled actions I will definitely get back in the AI game.

Would love to try one of these new triggers but doubt we will see any in Canada.

I could be wrong, but the likelihood of an AI barreled action - at least with the current design - seems extremely unlikely. The fact that it is a square action that won’t fit in a Rem700 footprint means every chassis maker would have to design a custom AI inlet, which might not even work due to the 4 action screws. MPA has an option that would work, but to me it’s still unclear whether or not the de-bonding of action and chassis takes away some of the magic that makes AIs so consistent across the board.

If they are making an effort to appease the competition crowd with the new trigger, I have higher hopes that a competition-specific variant could be in the works. A while back I made an “AIAC” concept which has all the things I’d be looking for (which included a lighter trigger weight lol)

I could be wrong, but the likelihood of an AI barreled action - at least with the current design - seems extremely unlikely. The fact that it is a square action that won’t fit in a Rem700 footprint means every chassis maker would have to design a custom AI inlet, which might not even work due to the 4 action screws. MPA has an option that would work, but to me it’s still unclear whether or not the de-bonding of action and chassis takes away some of the magic that makes AIs so consistent across the board.

If they are making an effort to appease the competition crowd with the new trigger, I have higher hopes that a competition-specific variant could be in the works. A while back I made an “AIAC” concept which has all the things I’d be looking for (which included a lighter trigger weight lol)

A competition variant would work but I am sure an inlet could be designed.

I may be crazy but I remember awhile back that Gradous was putting an AI into an A5 Stock. It probably started as a flat top and a lot of milling.

Good news about the trigger though.

For those that have the AW - looks like you may need to buy the optional trigger shoe ($47) as well. I'm ok with that. I asked if that means you will be limited to a straight trigger with the AW but they are not sure. Need to get some in to evaluate. This is really a nice move by AI, I know they are purpose made rifles and all but having an option for another trigger is sure nice

I totally agree with your 1st paragraph. Things like this make me cringe. Being a systems engineer in the communications and RADAR space, I am always amazed when engineers determine that reconfiguration or substitution of some parts with new parts produce the same synergy as the original. I have never seen it happen without considerably more time invested to get it to work than originally thought.

I doubt that the repeatability and consistency in all weather and environmental conditions could be reached by "slapping" an AI barreled action into another stock or chassis. If it were that easy, we'll you know the rest

I doubt that will happen as it would be a huge gamble on their part. Companies would have to makes chassis and/or stocks and bottom metals which would be a huge gamble on their part for what would most likely be a low demand market. Right now the only game in town is MPA and not everyone will want an MPA. Those that will pay to play can already buy a bare bones AT, debond it, and drop it in the MPA. If AI did sell barreled actions, or actions then people would complain about how much they cost compared to the custom actions.

AI has a shooting team which has influence on enhancements. AI listens to customer requests obviously, case in point this new trigger and the shoes, but it takes more than a couple people wanting something specific for a new product to happen. Anytime you have a product suggestion for a company or request you should send them an email stating such. The chance of getting an answer of "yes we'll do that" or "it's in the works" is slim, but if enough people put something in their ear they're most likely going to at least consider it.