• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International - Need Torque Specs

Monk Medic

Rifleman. Soli Deo gloria.
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2018
Maine
Installed the new AI Competition Trigger in my AX308 last week, and just installed the same in my AXMC .338 today.

I'm a bit a stickler about torque specs, wonder if someone could share:

- Screws (3) that hold the pistol grip handle sections together

- Snap (1) that holds the folding stock to the frame when the stock is not locked in position

- Screws (2) that hold the grip cover on the back end of the pistol grip sections

- Trigger to frame mounting screws (2)

Yes, I could ballpark them, and I did attempt to measure torque on removal, but that is never really accurate.

Thanks!

IMG_3883.jpeg

49 in lbs on the bolts that hold the trigger in.

Snug on everything else, it's really not much and there's no reason to do an exact torque. Just remember that they are head bolts. Probably 15 in lbs for the folder socket, and 5 in lbs on the plastics, you could go to 10 in lbs and be fine too. Those are all really easy to feel when they're were they want to be though.

Reactions: Monk Medic
From installing samb300’s thumb rest I’ve noticed my AIAT skins have a “click” or “pop” sounds when I tighten the skins back on. I consider that torqued, though I have no clue what that value is. Like above, its plastic with a metal (brass?) insert in a non-critical area.

Thank you!

I do need to take the Armorer's course on the AX and AXMC, just need to find a civilian one that is open on my side of the country!

From AI themselves:

Butt Pad 3.5Nm or 30 in/lb
Stock sides 0.8Nm or 7 in/lb
Back strap 1Nm or 9 in/lb
Forend Grip 2Nm / 18 in/
Keyslot rails 4Nm or 35 in/lb
Forend retaining screws 5Nm or 45 in/lb
Barrel Clamp screw 5.5Nm or 49 in/lb
Trigger blade screw 0.8Nm or 7 in/lb
Muzzle clamp 4Nm or 35 in/lb

Enjoy

From AI themselves:

Butt Pad 3.5Nm or 30 in/lb
Stock sides 0.8Nm or 7 in/lb
Back strap 1Nm or 9 in/lb
Forend Grip 2Nm / 18 in/
Keyslot rails 4Nm or 35 in/lb
Forend retaining screws 5Nm or 45 in/lb
Barrel Clamp screw 5.5Nm or 49 in/lb
Trigger blade screw 0.8Nm or 7 in/lb
Muzzle clamp 4Nm or 35 in/lb

Enjoy

Thanks man, that is super!

Are these for the AXMC and AX308, or general for the AT series as well?

These were quoted from AI UK a couple of years ago, when I asked for all the torque data for my AX308. I am also a stickler for it.

That said, I can’t see why these figures would be any different across the AT or AXMC.

Reactions: Monk Medic