• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Accuracy international practical differences

Kspence49

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2022
Wyoming
Looking to replace my magpul chassis with an accuracy international. The magpul has served me well and got me to actually take my bolt action and shoot it but tbh I hate the way it looks and that’s important lol. I’m looking to replace the chassis with an AI because I grew up playing video games lol and it’s very iconic. I’m currently debating between trying to source an old school AICS 2.0 vs getting a new AI AT 2.0 with the thumb hole conversion kit. My question is what is the difference between these two stocks other than aesthetics? Searches have come up a little lean (and SH search function is down) these seem to not be as popular as I thought they were or would be.

Attachments

• 3C018311-1409-4315-BF9F-9B101DB102D3.jpeg
    3C018311-1409-4315-BF9F-9B101DB102D3.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 45
  • FC99E827-2CC2-4B61-88B7-A48D31FFD116.jpeg
    FC99E827-2CC2-4B61-88B7-A48D31FFD116.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Mj30wilson900
OFF TOPIC.

But the AT-X chassis is more USEFUL for positional shooting. Like PRS

I’d try before you buy if FUNCTIONALITY matters over FORM
thanks for the info! What about it makes it better? I’m slightly ashamed to say that form matters a wee bit more in this case as long as it is functional haha

I cannot speak to the AICS specifically but I transitioned into the AIAX from your “standard rifle stock” firearm. At first it was uncomfortable to shoot and I thought I made an expensive mistake. Mainly because I had no experience with that type of platform.

Many months and rounds later, I can say I love it. It is a very adjustable platform and when I finally got accustomed to it, its been great.
68573992318__9AB5EFF5-F9BF-4048-9B64-0D5CEED521F2.jpeg

I think functionally they are about the same. There are small differences between the AT and legacy chassis where certain parts aren’t cross compatible. Just choose whichever one looks better to you. Personally, I like the older look but those are pretty hard to come by.

I have an AT 2.0 chassis with the thumbhole kit and all I can really say is that you should go in to it knowing that it’s basically just for aesthetics/looking cool. They are definitely really expensive for what you’re getting and lack a lot of modern features. Just for example, none of the adjustments are tool-less and the quality of plastic/fitment is pretty shitty for a $1200 chassis. If I wanted something more usable, I probably would have just bought a krg stock for a fraction of the price. I guess it really just comes down to what you want the rifle to be.

OFF TOPIC.

But the AT-X chassis is more USEFUL for positional shooting. Like PRS

I’d try before you buy if FUNCTIONALITY matters over FORM
OP.. This.

The built in RRS alone makes it worth it over the ACIS (AT or AX).

Although nothing is sexier than the thumbhole chassis…except the one weird jeep owner guy who put the thumbhole on his AXMC. That was pretty damn sexy.

OP.. This.

Although nothing is sexier than the thumbhole chassis…except the one weird jeep owner guy who put the thumbhole on his AXMC. That was pretty damn sexy.
Do you mean @Huskydriver 😂😂😂

Former ATX shooter here. If you’re going to be shooting matches, just get the ATX chassis man. Lower bore high which equates to lower center of gravity which will help with stability and reduce the tendency of the rifle to tip over. Integral arca rail. The only down side is you have to buy a folding hinge if you want that capability and the long or short NV bridge if you like an enclosed forend.

IMG_1003.jpeg

OP.. This.

goodtobeking-theking.gif

If you already have an at I would def do a vision swap if you want better ergos competing. If this is for a non ai first sell that pos and get an ai.

Thumbhole ai's are the sexiest ai's esp when they don't have a tiger king cerakoted barrel... Or gold...

Ahem @Krob95

well-you-aint-that-straight.gif

The bedding interface is different between the legacy AICS and AT AICS chassis. The legacy chassis had the traditional V-block that didn't always play well with factory Remington actions and could flex the action while pulling the rear tang down. The AT and AX AICS chassis introduced ridges on either side of the action screw holes that helped mitigate this flexing since the contact points were down low instead of out to the sides.