• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy international problems

Unrat3d

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2022
Canada
long story short, bought a axmc here in Canada in 300 win mag, works fine, but when I got a 308 barrel and bolt assemble that’s where it went downhill. The barrel had major scratching in the chamber that was scratching my brass pretty deep, and the bottom of my brass was getting major swipe marks on base (using dummy rounds, gun was never fired). So I sent it back to the Ai dealer in Canada and they said they will polish the barrel and that Ai won’t replace it, the scratch marks were pretty deep and I don’t think a barrel like that should have left the factory and I don’t feel like a simple polish is good enough. Regarding the other issues they said their gunsmith polished the ejector and extractor and that the gun is in working order, but said that there is still a very very small ejector mark on the brass still with factory loads. To me that isn’t acceptable, to me there should be zero with factory ammo. I told them if there is an ejector mark on factory ammo I know I’ll get pressure sings and ruined brass with reloads before I even get to a standard acceptable velocity, and in typical fashion I got the political answer I knew they would give and they said it the rifles aren’t warrantied for reloads. I told them that’s such a BS answer and that everybody knows this system that the owner should be able to make good reloaded ammo with acceptable reloads and that I might not be able to if there is already ejector marks on factory loads they test fired, and I didn’t pay over 11k(Canadian) to get the short end of the stick and get an Ai that I can’t use to it’s full potential, and them tell me “it’s meant for factory ammo”. So I said if that’s how you want to play it then I expect there to be ZERO ejector marks on factory loads you test fire and you fix that.
so what do you guys think? And also, what is your guys opinions on the polishing of the ejector and extractor, is that an acceptable thing to do for an Ai?

side note, we deal will Ai directly in England, and the swipe marks were there on dummy rounds with Lapua brass too.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0174.jpeg
    IMG_0174.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 154
Since you haven't fired it, tell them to keep the barrel and replace it with another without the marks, or give you your money back

See what that gets you.

Since you haven't fired it, tell them to keep the barrel and replace it with another without the marks, or give you your money back

See what that gets you.
I told them I wanted a new barrel, and pretty much was told that Ai said it was probably just from dirt (I said bs, it was cleaned before testing) and the said some polish should do. So pretty much said no

Tell them you want a refund. You are not satisfied with the product they sold you.
I doubt that would happen, I forgot to clarify clearly that the rifle in its short action configuration has never been shot, but it has like 70 rounds through it in long action.

I doubt that would happen, I forgot to clary clearly that the rifle in its short action configuration has never been shot, but it has like 70 rounds through it in long action.
Well, then, seems like you are at their mercy to fix the problems.
How did it shoot?

Well, then, seems like you are at their mercy to fix the problems.
How did it shoot?
I had some trouble getting it to shoot, I found some bullets that aren’t ideal for its twist rate that shot 10 shots in a little bughole group. So it shot okay, a little bit picky though

I know the AI people are in this site, the user name is slipping my mind. I’ll update if I remember.

Reactions: Unrat3d
Look for a pip on your ejector
remove the ejector and see of you still get marks on your case heads, both before and/or after firing
remove the fire control and see if the bolt closes on virgin brass with ease (gravity)

the marks in your chamber can be sanded out, almost looks like it was reamed then never sanded/polished inside

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex