• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International PSR - First Impressions

Keyrock

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2010
CA
Yesterday I shot my AX-PSR rifle for the first time.

I was very impressed with the feeding of .308 rounds, as I thought there might be an issue with “small rounds” being chambered in a large action, but rounds fed and ejected without a problem.

As one might guess, the rifle is heavy, solid and comfortable to shoot.

I know that AI rifles have a reputation for being very accurate, and this rifle is no exception.

This group was at 100 yards with Southwest Ammo’s 168 grain Sierra, and probably illustrates more about my trigger control than the rifle.

As my father said, the only problem with the rifle is the nut behind the butt plate.

In the next week or two, I will hopefully have the time to document what happens to the point of impact after the barrel has been taken off and reinstalled.

was able to take mines out this past weekend for the first time, shit shoots lights out
IMG_1908.jpg

Key rock, congratulations on your new rifle. Is that about 1 MOA accuracy?

It's maybe a touch better than 1 MOA, but I didn't keep the target. I wasn't as consistent as I could be and I think with the right shooter and ammo it could reliably shoot .25 to .30 inches at 100.

Which means that it can shoot 2.5 inches at 1,000! Boy, won't the guys at TacticalRifles.net be jealous!

Actually, it shipped as soon as I ordered it and its workmanship is OK, so there may be grounds for their being jealous.

Please keep us updated, I love the PSR. Congratulations on your purchase.

Try some Lapua 155 grain Scenar factory loads and some of the Lapua Factory 175 grain ScenarL factory loads & see how they work for you.