• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International PSR Rifle

Re: Accuracy International PSR Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNENTHUSIAST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any new information or updates on the AI PSR multi caliber rifle? </div></div>

Its expensive
smile.gif

That is crazy expensive! Is that for real? I figured around 12k.

Stacey told me that you can do the same with the new AX rifle in 338 LM . Question is will AINA sell me the barrel, bolt and magazine adapter?

The new ax is not a quick change barrel if that's what you mean. But if its between the ax for 7.5k or the PSR for 17.5k its no question I will be just getting the ax!

I'd expect it closer to 12k based on what Tom as said on a previous thread.

Mile High told me around $17,000 a couple weeks ago.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd expect it closer to 12k based on what Tom as said on a previous thread.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mile High told me around $17,000 a couple weeks ago.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd expect it closer to 12k based on what Tom as said on a previous thread.</div></div> </div></div>

If thats the case AI can shove it up their ass.

LOL for that kind of $$ I think you can buy a slightly used Russian tank. Yee haww.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LOL for that kind of $$ I think you can buy a slightly used Russian tank. Yee haww.

Dave </div></div>

LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mile High told me around $17,000 a couple weeks ago.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd expect it closer to 12k based on what Tom as said on a previous thread.</div></div> </div></div>

If thats the case AI can shove it up their ass.</div></div>
I agree. I was mildly interested in it if it was around $10k to $12k, but $17k is out of line.

I wonder if you can just get the rifle and get the caliber conversions later.

Accuracy International PSR-AX Multi Caliber System

Accuracy International plan to build a limited edition batch of the PSR AX Multi caliber sniper rifle system in September 2012. This is the same rifle system that was on display at the 2012 SHOT Show in January.

The price of the system will be $17,500.00 and it will include:

AX Rifle in calibre .338 Lap Mag (as per PSR specification)

Bipod

User manual

Spare bolt body in .300 Win Mag

Spare bolt body in .308 Win

Spare barrel in .300 Win Mag, fitted with muzzle brake

Spare barrel in .308 Win, fitted with muzzle brake

3 x Magazines .338 Lap Mag

3 x Magazines .300 Win Mag

3 x Magazines .308 Win

Magazine converter for .308

Transit case

Soft carry case

Scope mount assembly

Cleaning kit

Carry sling

For 17k, that looks like the price for a deployment kit.

I really wanted one of them badly.

For 10k to 12k, I was going to be busy selling off stuff & buying one

17k is kind of way out of the normal paying for it with your own work budget and firmly into the realm of someone else footing the bill range.

I guess I'm sticking with the AW line for now.

According to Mile High, only the kit will be available this year. Individual rifles will be available sometime in 2013 and they did not know the price. At 17k for the deployment kit I can't see the individual rifle going for much less than 12k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to Mile High, only the kit will be available this year. Individual rifles will be available sometime in 2013 and they did not know the price. At 17k for the deployment kit I can't see the individual rifle going for much less than 12k. </div></div>

Agreed....I normally value the bolts at around 700-800 and barrels with brakes for about 850.....so the math isn't good on that deployment kit
frown.gif

Regarding the price, keep in mind this was meant for guberment consumption. You gotta pay to play with the cool toys.

Its 3 ax rifles...........should be more.

5 or 6000 for a gun isnt that big of a deal for a gun these days, anymore than that what is it gonna do better? spare me the 2 minute barrel and bolt change.

rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nexusfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its 3 ax rifles...........should be more. </div></div>

No its not. Its one chassis so figure about 6500-7000, then all the extras.

I guess it's off the table for me. For about 10k maybe. 17k? Uh.....no. I'd just get another AI rifle. Sure, I'd have to spring for more optics and accessories, but it IS another rifle.

for 17k it better include a PSR S&B and a blowjob, my god

That British meth must be some good stuff, because they are definitely high... might 'splain the teeth too!

Does that price include the .338 kit too?

The ultimate expression of the term "buy once, cry once"
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't shoot the messenger please.It is for a complete deployment kit.
Thanks
Randy </div></div>

I gotta call shenanigans on this, Randy. I don't see the flat dark earth fleshlight....

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/04/fleshl...ne-pregnancies/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dealer who posted the price of 17,500 is from Canada.We verified the price with AINA list price is 18,886.00.
Don't shoot the messenger please.It is for a complete deployment kit. We have pictures on our facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.346449135404696.74891.179317778784500&type=3
Thanks
Randy </div></div>

That is just a HELL of a lot higher than what Tom speculated a couple of months back.

I just don't see where they arrive to 19k at with that kit.

Holy shit! Ya a little higher than the sub $12,000 he originally stated then revised to over $12,000.

AW and AWM have always been multi calibre in terms of barrel changing. For the AWM I think a 300WM and 338Lapua bolt work off the same action. But only only one bolt head size is available on the AW being 308.

I have an AW, and would like to run the 338 Lapua in it, assuming the Lapua case head is safe to be rebated to 308 bolt head diameter ? I'd also like to shoot 50 Peacekeeper with rebated rim from an AW in the same manner, if the action and bolt of this none magnum length rifle, are strong enough ?

Gee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dealer who posted the price of 17,500 is from Canada.We verified the price with AINA list price is 18,886.00.
Don't shoot the messenger please.It is for a complete deployment kit. We have pictures on our facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.346449135404696.74891.179317778784500&type=3
Thanks
Randy</div></div>

Randy, full kit, including S&B for that price?

Is there pricing for just the rifle itself yet? I am thinking not too many people can fork over that kind of jack. Nor do they need everything in the deployment kit.

Can you convert the regular AX to be able to switch from .308 up to .338? or is AI PSR your only option to compete with the DTA SRS switch barrel capability?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WhiskeyWebber,

This question was brought up in the below linked thread. I think Stacey addressed this about 3/4's of the way down:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...567#Post2680567 </div></div>

Lazlo...there's a huge difference between the old AWSM and the AX. They never made bolts long enough to do a .308 in the AWSM platform. But they obviously do for the AX PSR. The question is....will the mag adapter work in the standard AX338 vs the PSR action.

Stop whining, you all know you want it ...
smile.gif

I'm gonna get two just so I don't have to change calibers, cause that would too much time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop whining, you all know you want it ...
smile.gif

I'm gonna get two just so I don't have to change calibers, cause that would too much time. </div></div>

Baller..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WhiskeyWebber,

This question was brought up in the below linked thread. I think Stacey addressed this about 3/4's of the way down:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...567#Post2680567 </div></div>

Thanks Lazlo...So, if you can make your own field switchable barrel set-up with an AX, why would you spend 2 times more for the PSR? I must be missing something.

And I I'm interested because the AW or AX were next on my list and I was planning on having multiple calibers made for 6mm, .308... ,and something long and strong like .338 or a .300 magnum variant

Webber, the AX is no different than the AW in conversion... the PSR is a different animal and does not require the same amount of effort to change caliber.

You can change an AW or AX by using the barrel change kit and sticking with barrels chambered in the same parent case, the PRS changes that completely.

in terms of Actions, the AX and AW are the same, the chassis is the difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop whining, you all know you want it ...
smile.gif

I'm gonna get two just so I don't have to change calibers, cause that would too much time. </div></div>

You killin' us Frank.

Frank

One clarification. The AW has a 27MM diameter barrel tenon. The AX Rifle has 30MM diameter barrel tenon which requires a larger action and allows a double stack 338 Lap magazine.
With that being said AI is putting the AW action in an AX style chassis.

Guys, before you bitch about price....take a look at the total package price for the other PSR submissions.

If you have to have quick change barrels and want something more in line with a single AX, look at the DTA SRS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, before you bitch about price....take a look at the total package price for the other PSR submissions.

If you have to have quick change barrels and want something more in line with a single AX, look at the DTA SRS. </div></div>

Its a little more than that, since we don't know yet whether the PSR .308 conversion kit will work at all on the standard AX338.

The lock screw is cool and all. But like you said I can swap barrels in under a min with my vise etc. The key is the ability to swap down to S/A caliber using the .308 bolt face. And it looks like the cheakpiece/etc of the rear of the stock is a better design than the current AX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Tooley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank

One clarification. The AW has a 27MM diameter barrel tenon. The AX Rifle has 30MM diameter barrel tenon which requires a larger action and allows a double stack 338 Lap magazine.
With that being said AI is putting the AW action in an AX style chassis.
</div></div>

Thanks Dave,
I was mainly talking about a 308, not the AWSM for the AX338... I have used my AW barrels on the AX308

P123 it will be a long wait for what you are suggesting, the PSR is pretty much the only option to do what you suggest, going from long action to short in the same rifle.