• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL Rifle Models - How to tell them apart - with pics

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
After talking with guys every day about AI rifles, it is clear there is some confusion on the nomenclature - and rightfully so. I wrote a little article with pics to detail the differences in the versions - check it out, I hope it is helpful, let me know what you think - any questions feel free to post them here so I can address them and maybe add to the article.

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited:
Good article Jason. I'd suggest adding a line at the end of each model giving a brief breakdown of barrel length and muzzle brake combos, and colors. Might save a few more questions.

Kujuak,

David is right. The magazine part will follow, but to add to what David said, anything "AX" whether it is chassis or rifle mag will be different than anything before, and additionally the AX CHASSIS mag is different than the AX Rifle mag.

Super - I will work on that part ;)

Thanks!

jason

What model/year did they change to the smaller firing pin/bolt face mod?

The SMALL PIN started when the LEFT HAND AT rifles were delivered - they were the first SMALL PIN rifles. Appears to be early-mid 2015 that the first LH AT rifles arrived, then small pins were delivered in the normal AT and AX rifles after that.

All current short action AT and AX rifles are small pin.

Let's see then, as I've been curious for awhile...
My AW has faded into product history and my PSR is really a fully bundled predecessor product to the AX-MC?
I haven't really paid much attention to the 'latest and greatest' AI products as I'm happy with my toys...

AW/AT/AX barrels are interchangeable. AE barrel can be used in a AW/AT/AX but not vice-versa. AXMC barrel is different and can't be fitted on any other rifle.

I think you meant to say that the AT/AW/AX barrels can be used in the AE, not vice-versa. The factory AE barrels aren't threaded all the way to the shoulder, they are limited in use to just the AE model.

I'm obviously late to the party, but can someone point me towards OP's article. I know there's 2 basic types of chassis (other than la and sa, 1.0/1.5/2.0), basically between the keymod vs long slit mounting under the forend, the forend sling mount (cups vs rings), the bolt recess, and the buttstock sling mounts (flat or angled out).
But I don't know what each style is called, ae vs aw vs at, different styles of thumbhole, legacy differences, etc