• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Sling Options

CTiger16

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2013
Hey folks, I have an AI AT308 and just signed up for a precision class that requires a sling. What are you AI folks using for sling mounting? I have this fear of the QD mounts failing and the rifle taking a dive into the concrete. Thanks so much.

The QD mounts will not fail if you buy a quality sling with good hardware. Carried an AT all over the place with an Armageddon gear sling.

I've used Grove Tec and Magpul QD sling swivels, they're high quality and I haven't had them fail yet. The QD sling swivels that come on the Armageddon Gear slings are very good also.

This is just my opinion, however since it seems that you are new to slings maybe try the Magpul RLS, it's an inexpensive, basic rifle sling that can be used a couple different ways to get stable. It's a cheap way to get your foot in the door to figuring out what you do and don't need from a rifle sling.

magpul 2.jpg

Reactions: CerebralDistortion