• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy Oil????

Might read through the comments there and take note of who yanked the video.
Also interesting in that this is the 2nd recent post on this, but at least this was not link spammed into an unrelated topic.

Also, there's no way that video needed to be anywhere ~30 min long. 5 min tops.

And his "proof" is two 5 round groups? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6.5SH
If Rex sticks his cock in the barrel and blows a load... would you try it 🤷‍♂️
Wrong kind of sperm:

Rare-Vintage-Brownells-Sperm-Oil-Gun-Lubricant-Pre-Ban.jpg

Also, there's no way that video needed to be anywhere ~30 min long. 5 min tops.tops
I've only ever watched half of one Rex video. How anyone makes it to the end is beyond me. 3 minutes of information stretched into 30 minutes of rambling.

Does it come with a case of Spindrift?

"Accuracy oil"... IDGAF who's selling it... That shit sounds more like snake oil. Anyone falls for that shit, you're on your own. 🤣

Reminds me of this episode of South Park... 🤣

And this is how the people feel after they shelled out their money to buy the "accuracy oil"...

"It increases the density of the metal surface". :rolleyes:

I couldn't stand to sit through that video so I sorta jumped around a bit, but that little gem stuck out at me.
He really said that? Wow... 🤦🏼 He must have looked that one up in the Definitionary. 👍🏼

You won't find any love for Rex here

For good reason.

- He does a horrible job articulating his message. He's not concise and he's not coherent. His videos are very long (especially given the content, or lack thereof, that's covered), and its muddled and confusing in its delivery, with many irrelevant sidetracks.
- Most of what he tries to teach his from outdated army marksman/sniper manuals. He's decades behind current knowledge in this field. He has literally nothing to offer over any of the current great instructors that preside in this field.
- He constantly says and does stupid shit. Like the time he had some fellow "instructors" fire towards his students to simulate a 2-way range. WTF.

There's not much good to say about him, he offers zero value to this field. How he has ~275k followers on YouTube is incredible, there's a lot of dumb people apparently falling for his shit. Personally I think he's a plague on the discipline, but good for him if he can convince stupid people to part with their money I guess.

- He constantly says and does stupid shit. Like the time he had some fellow "instructors" fire towards his students to simulate a 2-way range. WTF.
Well, if that is true, it's pretty stupid, first time I had heard about it. That would change my opinion. And yes, his videos are disjointed, and he comes across as kind of a midwest Ted Neugent Hee-Haw. That said I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. Snake oil, yes could be, and that was my initial thoughts! I am still waiting for some technical reasoning on why this stuff would, or wouldn't work rather than just hating on the Rex guy. it's one thing to discount someone because you don't like them, it's another because they are empirically incorrect.

Now where is that Spin-D when I need it?

Well, if that is true, it's pretty stupid, first time I had heard about it. That would change my opinion. And yes, his videos are disjointed, and he comes across as kind of a midwest Ted Neugent Hee-Haw. That said I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. Snake oil, yes could be, and that was my initial thoughts! I am still waiting for some technical reasoning on why this stuff would, or wouldn't work rather than just hating on the Rex guy. it's one thing to discount someone because you don't like them, it's another because they are empirically incorrect.

Now where is that Spin-D when I need it?

See my earlier post above. That one line, even if you heard nothing else, should be enough to tell you this guy has no idea what he's talking about.

As far as I can tell, this guy is catering to people who, to put it simply - "don't know nuthin about nuthin". If you have even rudimentary technical knowledge about some of the things he says, it should become clear pretty quickly that he's not someone to take advice from. But that's just my observation from spending about 5 min skipping around in this video.

"It increases the density of the metal surface".

Yes, that sounds like a strange statement, agreed. Maybe he meant that when filling in a micro crack as you get in fire cracking, it creates more surface area? Just guessing.

However I was just thinking if there was such molecule that would not flash off at extreme internal barrel temperatures, and one with such low friction properties that maybe theoretically it could aid in normalizing internal, and exit projectile velocities. The bearing/shearing forces in a barrel vs the bullet surface must be insane. So that is what got me thinking about this stuff, more as a hypothetical.

All jokes or insults aside, I'm hesitant to discount anyone based on a wayward statement, even the misanthropes in this thread. Unless it's so completely dismissive or preposterous.

There’s way more to it than low quality info in some YouTube vids. He has (and maybe still is) charging actual money for training seminars. At least one- if reports can be believed- was nothing more than a meet and greet, for like $500. Lowlight attended one an tried to be inconspicuous. But, when recognized, this Rex guy essentially deferred to Frank for everything. He is a charlatan, at best.

Reactions: 308pirate
If you want to know what the Hide thinks of him check out this thread. Early shows lots of fans. Then it gets good.

• Wow
Reactions: Sako man
Normally I would not believe these claims, but this guy has had a lot of great info historically. Anyone try this stuff, or have any thoughts?

I load my barrel up with oil before every shot! It makes dem bullet spurt out faster!

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
I've been testing the claims they make about that stuff for over 3 years across a number of guns and chamberings. So far and I've found it to hold literally zero water. Their Carbon Destroyer and Copper Destroyer stuff are ok. The carbon remover works really well on black powder carbon (meaning relatively fresh and not ultra hard). The copper remover is ~3x less effective than Sweet's or KG12 based on the total weight of copper per unit volume that can be dissolved in it but since it's less aggressive it could be used to just keep copper fouling beat back. Rex was/is a paid shill, nothing more. He charged $2k for a review and never turned down an opportunity to recommend some real dog shit.

ETA: MSS sent me a substantial amount of their products to use in testing but we do not have a business relationship. I have previously had a business relationship with Rex but he lost his fucking mind and tried cheating me out of a significant amount of $. I ended up forcing his hand requiring him to hire an attorney and he settled with me out of court requiring him to hand over to me a pittance in cash and all of his remaining self-respect.

Last edited:
So… jojoba oil and alcohol?
Probably, they claim a few others I forget the name of are real similar too. I don’t know why 1911 nerds act like it’s the best shit ever there’s been better lubes invented since. Nostalgia doesn’t equal better the way some folks talk online.

Probably, they claim a few others I forget the name of are real similar too. I don’t know why 1911 nerds act like it’s the best shit ever there’s been better lubes invented since. Nostalgia doesn’t equal better the way some folks talk online.
Jojoba oil is nowhere close to sperm oil. Jojoba gels below freezing.

Jojoba oil is nowhere close to sperm oil. Jojoba gels below freezing.
Like I said there’s also other shit ive read about in the past that has similar properties also, but jojoba is still an option for a lot of folks according to nerds online(don’t know why since we have modern shit).

It makes sense nasa uses it, but we aren’t dealing with the temps nasa does on average. Everyone’s I’ve known just has it to say they do.

Last edited:
Like I said there’s also other shit ive read about in the past that has similar properties also, but jojoba is still an option for a lot of folks according to nerds online(don’t know why since we have modern shit).

It makes sense nasa uses it, but we aren’t dealing with the temps nasa does on average. Everyone’s I’ve known just has it to say they do.
If you know, you know.

Reactions: 308pirate
Yes, that sounds like a strange statement, agreed. Maybe he meant that when filling in a micro crack as you get in fire cracking, it creates more surface area? Just guessing.

However I was just thinking if there was such molecule that would not flash off at extreme internal barrel temperatures, and one with such low friction properties that maybe theoretically it could aid in normalizing internal, and exit projectile velocities. The bearing/shearing forces in a barrel vs the bullet surface must be insane. So that is what got me thinking about this stuff, more as a hypothetical.

All jokes or insults aside, I'm hesitant to discount anyone based on a wayward statement, even the misanthropes in this thread. Unless it's so completely dismissive or preposterous.

You evidently don't have a professional background in metallurgy or tribology. If you did, you would dismiss this idiot out of hand immediately and would not try to expand on his idiocy.

Everything I know about tribology, I learned from the episode below…

You evidently don't have a professional background in metallurgy or tribology. If you did, you would dismiss this idiot out of hand immediately and would not try to expand on his idiocy.
Shouldn’t just watching any video of his make you dismiss him?

Shouldn’t just watching any video of his make you dismiss him?
Ah, well as someone pointed out earlier there was lots of love for the guy early on, so I apparently was not alone. Maybe I am just not that discerning? My only sin is being very late to the party. As well I just am not following the pack mentality, as seen in that thread where Frank jumps on the Rex guy, and then all of a sudden everyone hates the guy, to me that shows weak character. Not defending the Rex guy, just an observation.

It's especially funny when getting called out on by undereducated swabbies, or Gomers who want to make up for their deficits by googling technical terms or being snarky fagots. This is the internet and people love to get nasty when not face to face, all good and business as usual.

Reactions: wade2big
i dont know if the oil works or not but im not understanding how it works

supposedly it coats the bore and fills in the pores...ok thats what oil does

but even the best lubricants with additives have a limit of about 1000F

the combustion chamber under max pressure is between 2500-4000F depending on a lot of factors

so best case is the first 1-2 rounds are getting some effect if any, in a 20 shot string if there is anything left its only near the muzzle

now, i do know top BR guys will put a film of oil in the bore when cleaned down to the metal so the first 2-3 bullets dont get ripped up and barrel is seasoned...and by seasoned we mean fill in the pores and potholes with copper or carbon which is very slick

id like to know more but im not sure there is

Reactions: Sako man