• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy Problems with LWRCI M6A3 DMR

Snipers

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
Background - The first 400 rounds defiantly sub-moa accuracy. Then accuracy started to degrade. I noticed the pins on the gas block were backing out. Called LWRCI and they provided a shipping label. Found out the pins were installed backwards. They replaced the pins and the gas block, but accuracy was still poor (2 MOA) so they replaced the barrel too. They function tested after the new barrel. I have tested on three occasions and the accuracy hasn't improved much. Occasionally I'm getting around an inch, but most of the time 2 to 2.5 inches at 100 yards off the bench with 77gr match ammo. Called LWRCI and they provided another shipping label, but the "doodahh" has begun - will charge me $75 if it checks out ok with their testing.

I'm inclined to think it's a harmonics issue, since they put another barrel on it. I've looked at the piston system and I have noticed the piston is not completely straight (wobbles a bit when you roll it on a table). The tech at LWRCI didn't think this would affect accuracy since the bullet has essentially left the barrel by the time the gas system cuts in. I'm not sure I'm in complete agreement on this, so I thought I'd get some second opinions before I get demanding with them.

Re: Accuracy Problems with LWRCI M6A3 DMR

I feel for ya, it sucks to have problems with equipment. Especially high end top dollar equipment. I went through the same thing with a high end AR from another manufacturer. Once you loose confidence in a rifle it is super hard to regain.

Have you tried different ammo? Maybe have some one else shoot the rifle, even though you started out shooting good, some times it easy to get sloppy with a good rifle, because we get cockey. Occasionally I have to go back and rebuild my self. All that being said, I sold my rifle.

When did you notice that your piston is not straight? Before or after the barrel change? Something is def off there and lwrc should fix that ASAP. No reason that should happen on any weapon. Don't know if that affects accuracy but something seems like it is off spec with your weapon.

Are all of your shots in the same place or are your groups just sucking? Start with a different ammo choice and see what that does? Either way.....ship that rig back to them and make them fix it. Their cs is great.

Before shipping it back, I would have another shooter shoot it with known match ammo.

Check for parallax in the scope.

Shoot it with multiple different types of ammo, mine are picky about what will do MOA. Mine like 68 and 75 grain FGMM the best, as well as PMC 55gr FMJ.

I agree with having someone else who is also a good shooter take a crack at grouping it. It doesn't take much (for me) to have my 3/4" AR shoot 2" groups. There are days I can keep my groups consistently 3/4" or under, and seemingly easy. And on other days, for reasons I can't figure out, I struggle. I just can't seem to get the consistency the same as my bolt guns. Can be frustrating!

I'm sorry but if you are paying 2-4k for a weapon then it should shoot, and shoot very well!! I have several ARs in 223, 556, and 762 and they all shoot just fine with whatever I put through them. Any factory ammo should be able to hold 1.5MOA or less with no trouble at 100yds!

I know someone who has sent their LWRC back over 4x and still does not shoot, pile of expensive junk!! I have heard several stories just like it, "it used to shoot,then one day" Don't know what the magic solution is but it doesn't sound like LWRC has it?

My M6A3 DMR upper shoots amazingly well and consistently with 77smk handloads. I bought it for a very inexpensive price off of gunbroker from a seller claiming it could not group at all.

I took a gamble on it because I have an M6A2 that shoots 4-6" 100 yard groups with M193, but sub MOA with the heavy stuff. Low and behold the M6A3 was the same story for me. If the rifle is not grouping with heavy ammo I would be worried, but they should be able to make it right. The 55gr military stuff shoots so badly out of mine that a guy in a lane next to me was laughing as I tried to 100 yard zero a scope on one. I almost exclusively use 77s with them now and they run like tops.

They recently announced they are no longer making the A3, and it is a wonderful 5.56 platform, so give them another chance to make it right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Chen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great post </div></div>

You should be BANNED! Copy and paste this same shit in 15 different post in less than 5 minutes. You're obviously not even reading all these post and just trolling to make 100.

There's a rule about padding your post count. The mods will most likely ban you. Since your Facebook page has you as a Marine, is this how you really want to conduct yourself on this site?