• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Accuracy problems with M110M2 SASS , any head up ?

Pinco Palla

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2002
Italy
Hi folks ,

One of my mates , still in Farah , wrote to me yesterday for a problem he having with his KAC M110 SASS Mod2 rifle , he use to shot RUAG match target HPBT 167gr and the rifle has about 1.800 rounds trought it , it has been always well cleaned and lubed .

The first two/three cold bore shots stay in 1 MOA group easily , then the other rounds use to go up of 4 inches and he gets another group constantly , I have not got the M110M2 but his "father" , the SR25 match , since a long time ago and I was never disappointed , the groups are always under 1 MOA constantly .

Any head up ?

Thanks,
best,
PP out

Re: Accuracy problems with M110M2 SASS , any head up ?

That's quite surprising as RUAG 167 is very good ammunition.

Is he the first shooter on this rifle (how many rounds through the barrel)? Either he has copper fouling or he needs to have his chamber area where the bullet contacts the rifling bore-scoped by maintenance people.

If he has excessive wear he's going to get inconsistent velocities as the bullet must make a "Free jump" from case mouth to rifling. This can cause vertical group stringing becuase of inconsistent pressures.

Sinister ,

thanks for replying , he is the first shooter with this rifle and he is quite a good professional , this rifle has about 1800 rounds throught the barrel , I'm sure the maintenance was well done on daily basis too .

PP out

1,800 rounds is not many. He might try a heavier/longer bullet/cartridge (like the Fiocchi Exacta 175 or 180) to compensate for throat wear. His zero will shift right at 300M due to the heavier bullet.

If he has the suppressed version of that rifle, have him take the suppressor off, and see how it does. The suppressors are often problematic.

OK, I'll pass to him your opinions , tnx a lot ,

PP out

If it is Suppressed with the KAC Can that is 99% of the problem...everyone who uses the can reports the same issue...the can is a crap design, as the bbl heats the cans axis shifts and starts spraying rounds