• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy Systems LR-308 300 WSM

lukeva22

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Hi Everyone, I am new to your site. I have enjoyed looking at everyone's rifles, and reading the knowledge that everyone has to offer. I hope to be a contributor to this great site, so I will show some pics of my newest baby. It is a Dpms lower with a2 stock, rock river nm trigger, and hogue grip. I ordered the upper from Accuracy Systems Inc. out of Denver, CO. It is smooth side flat top upper, 23" bull barrel with ASI quiet brake, and aluminum free float tube. It is chambered in 300 wsm. I have only put 30 rounds down the tube so far. I have not had time to shoot it lately, but I am building up loads for it. I just have a cheap 16x super sniper on it right now. I will probably put a mark 4 on it when I get the funds.
Sorry for the long post. Let me know what you think.
Lukesgun.jpg

Lukesgun2.jpg

Barrelofgun.jpg

Re: Accuracy Systems LR-308 300 WSM

Hows the recoil? what kind of groups are you expecting? Will the WSM cause any problems in a Ar10? Nice rig.

I did not have to modify the mags at all. I have shot 30 rounds so far without any problems. I can only load about 6 rounds in the dpms factory 19 round mag though. If I put anymore than that, it causes the mag sides to swell, and it will not insert into the mag well. I just bought a dpms 10 round mag, and it only fits 5 wsm rounds in it, so that is perfect, since Colorado only allows 5 round capacity for hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hows the recoil? what kind of groups are you expecting? Will the WSM cause any problems in a Ar10? Nice rig. </div></div>
The recoil is probably the same as my Dpms Lr-308 in 308 win. Accuracy systems has a moa or less guarantee. They sent a three shot group along with upper. They shot a 0.831 group using the cheap winchester 180 gr rounds out of the grey box. I can't remember what bullet it was though. I am hoping to get very good groups with the rifle, since I reload.

I know this thread is old but hopefully, someone can shime in on the following questions;

1. Is the Bolt Carrier Group different than that of a DPMS in 308? I know the bolt face is different, but is the bolt carrier different?

2. Does this platform use a rifle length gas system or a longer system?

3. What about the upper receiver? is it the same as an LR308?

4. what is your experience with with loading heavier bullets such as 240 SMK?

Regards,