• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy with Manner T4A for Tikka CTR inlet

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
I have a stock Tikka T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor. Because of LOP and cheek piece, I am thinking of dropping it into a Manner T4A stock inletted for CTR DBM. As it is, it shoot sub-MOA. I just want to make sure that I am not wasting $704 dollars for the stock. For those of you who have dropped it in that stock, do you find and changes in accuracy? also, do you bed the stock?
Thank you in advance.

I have a stock Tikka T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor. Because of LOP and cheek piece, I am thinking of dropping it into a Manner T4A stock inletted for CTR DBM. As it is, it shoot sub-MOA. I just want to make sure that I am not wasting $704 dollars for the stock. For those of you who have dropped it in that stock, do you find and changes in accuracy? also, do you bed the stock?
Thank you in advance.
Accuracy shouldnt change

Without the mini chassis you're probably gonna want to bed it. That's pretty standard

Bedding is so easy, do it. Even if it doesn’t look great as long as you go slow and are careful you can’t mess it up, just watch a couple YouTube videos. Fill the holes with clay and set the whole thing down in the mud pit and just let it dry.

Reactions: armydog
Bedding is so easy, do it. Even if it doesn’t look great as long as you go slow and are careful you can’t mess it up, just watch a couple YouTube videos. Fill the holes with clay and set the whole thing down in the mud pit and just let it dry.
Do you bed the entire action or just the recoil lug?

I dropped my CTR into a T4A and bedded it myself. Just the recoil lug and tang is all that was needed. Still just as accurate.