• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate 2200 Data Powder

krecon1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2003
Abq, NM
I have some Accurate 2200 Data Powder I bought back when it was available for loading 5.56. Now that .308 powders seem to be in short supply I was thinking about trying some 2200 for .308 loads. Mainly be for blasting ammo in a gas gun running 145 FMJs. Just wondering if anyone has tried the 2200 with .308 and what your results were.

Thanks!

Re: Accurate 2200 Data Powder

My data does not show it with a 308 load. I'd call or e-mail AA direct for some advice. They have been super responsive to me on questions.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whisper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's what Accurate has to say about Data Powder 2200.

I've used lots of Accurate's Data Powder with great results just remember to start low and work up.
Accurate DP2200
Accurate DP2200 Reloading Info

Brandon </div></div>

Yeah, I found that as well. Did you work loads up for .308 in a gas gun? I didn't know if the powder would be too fast for reliable functioning. I've used it for 5.56, but never for .308.

I've never used it in a gas gun before - only a bolt rifle.

I was loading 43gr in LC brass pushing a 147gr FMJ and it was consistent with no signs of pressure.

Brandon