• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate 2460 for .308

308sniper147

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2013
Huntsville, AL
I have 50 rounds loaded with 168gr smk's and 42.7gr of accurate 2460. I will be shooting them this Saturday so I'll let everyone know how it goes. I am curious if anyone else has used this powder with much success in the .308 realm.

Andrew

Last edited:
Reactions: smtitmelevi
I think your load may be a little to hot.Here is the loading data for this powder.You may want to pull the bullets and redo your charge weight.Not trying to be a know it all.I just do not want someone to get hurt or damage their rifle.

Regards,Mike

SIERRA
HPBT MK

Reactions: smtitmelevi
I think your load may be a little to hot.Here is the loading data for this powder.You may want to pull the bullets and redo your charge weight.Not trying to be a know it all.I just do not want someone to get hurt or damage their rifle.

Regards,Mike

SIERRA
HPBT MK

This ^^^

All of my materials say 42.3-42.7 max, best thing to do is like Mike says,
pull them down and recharge them with below max and work up.

No need to take chances with the only body parts you have.

Regards,Mike

SIERRA
HPBT MK

Whoops!!! That's one of my varget loads I actually loaded these with 42.7grs. These cases still have plenty of room for more powder. No where near compressed or anything, so I don't think there will be any catastrophic events! Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: mecanic04
Whoops!!! That's one of my varget loads I actually loaded these with 42.7grs. These cases still have plenty of room for more powder. No where near compressed or anything, so I don't think there will be any catastrophic events! Sorry for the confusion.

Glad to hear, with all the threads lately of folks discussing CF's, it kinda had me worried for ya'. :eek:

2460 is a good powder. I used it for a while in my 7mm-08 hunting rifle. I switched to Vit 140 because I got about the same accuracy with more velocity.

I'm releaved to hear that. I received four pounds of it in a trade and was going to be upset if it wasn't up to standard.... But I'm still considering selling it now anyway.

though i didn't run it in .308, in .223 it was excellent stuff...29 gr and a 40 gr vmax matches hornady varmint express ammo stats of 3800 FPS, 100Y 0, 2" drop at 200...with no pressure signs.

Try 41.1 grains with 168 bullet in cooler temps shoots good. When summer comes will be too hot.