• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate 4350 vs. Shooters World SW4350

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    New reloader here, with a bunch of stuff on the way to get me started. In this crazy tough procurement world for supplies, I was able to get my hands on 8-lbs jugs of both Accurate and Shooters World 4350 powders ... so I bought them both figuring I'd use them sooner or later as I start reloading 300 Win Mag and 6.5 Creedmoor. Wanted H4350 ... but that was a pipe dream. I've been buried in research and feel like I'm ready to go ... but I have one simple question.

Which of these two powders should I start with for 300-WM reloading? Or should I build loads and test them both? Is one clearly better than the other, in the opinion of the veteran reloaders on this forum?

And if the answer is that I should test both, am I looking for (a) better accuracy, (b) higher velocity, or (c) combination of the two.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Reactions: acudaowner
    No help? Just bought aa4350 guess I’ll have to load some up and just see what it’ll do

You'll be looking for which one gives more consistent velocity, and is more temperature stable. As far as I know, nothing beats H4350, but ya gotta use what you have I guess

I am really looking forward to trying sw4350 for my self why I am looking forward to trying all the powders I have reciently picked up If I am ever delivered the dies i ordered and there isn't anymore missing parts I was unaware were needed , n555 and nobel sports 7000 series powder 6.5 sta bal and the hybrid v100 all sound great to try in 6.5 cm included , I have seen the video's with most of them in it . But I want to see my own data through my own gun .good luck with your work ups hope it works well enough for you .

Learned (and reloaded) (and shot) a bunch since this thread started. Also pretty successful in hard-fought procurement battles for powder and primers ... stocked well for at least a couple of years at this point. Developing and loading Accurate 4350 in 30-06, Accurate MagPro in 300-WM / 300-PRC / 338-LM, and getting awesome results in my 6.5-Creedmoor with Winchester StaBall 6.5. Got the QuickLOAD software and it is VERY helpful in load development and mistake-avoidance. The journey continues ... I learn new stuff almost every day.

Learned (and reloaded) (and shot) a bunch since this thread started. Also pretty successful in hard-fought procurement battles for powder and primers ... stocked well for at least a couple of years at this point. Developing and loading Accurate 4350 in 30-06, Accurate MagPro in 300-WM / 300-PRC / 338-LM, and getting awesome results in my 6.5-Creedmoor with Winchester StaBall 6.5. Got the QuickLOAD software and it is VERY helpful in load development and mistake-avoidance. The journey continues ... I learn new stuff almost every day.
    Yes I like staball as well, but how did the aa4350 do in the Creedmoor?

Pencils out OK in QuickLOAD ... but haven't tried it yet. Should do that and compare with the StaBall. Here are the A4350 numbers ... 100-Fill and 100-Burn at 41gr and 2,769 f/s isn't shabby at all.

1612627162107.png