• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate AICS mag issue

LC 6.5 Shooter

Apollo 6 Creed
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2018
League City, TX
The mag wont lock in with normal pressure. I have to jam put it in and give it a good whack on the bottom to get it to engage the mag catch. And when I run a round it drops out. I bought the mag to try because it doesnt have the binder plate
Running a foundation with Hawkins bottom metal.
My Accuracy International AICS mags runs like a champ.
Should I just buy a different mag. Or is there anything I can do to this one.

Long as the cartridge presentation is correct.... shorten the mag catch a touch in the bottom metal. Or don’t use that mag, you’ll find others also I bet that also give you trouble. The magazine is probably up tight against the bottom of the action and physically won’t go any higher for the magazine latch to snap under the mag catch.

My New Manners PRS-TCS
Locked up perfect with
1 - ARC mag
Very snug with
1 - ARC mag
Not at all with
1- 5rd Accurate mag the stock shipped with.
1 - Magpul AICS

There is small variation obviously in the mag catch location on the magazines.

Long as the cartridge presentation is correct.... shorten the mag catch a touch in the bottom metal. Or don’t use that mag, you’ll find others also I bet that also give you trouble. The magazine is probably up tight against the bottom of the action and physically won’t go any higher for the magazine latch to snap under the mag catch.

My New Manners PRS-TCS
Locked up perfect with
1 - ARC mag
Very snug with
1 - ARC mag
Not at all with
1- 5rd Accurate mag the stock shipped with.
1 - Magpul AICS

There is small variation obviously in the mag catch location on the magazines.

File it down a little at a time until it works?

Either shorten mag catch on magazine ifnits a single mag that causes an issue. Or on the bottom metal if its all magazines

Are you talking about an AW mag?

AICS pattern but not Accuracy International brand

AICS pattern but not Accuracy International brand
Correct

How? File it down a little?

It’s what I did, maintaining geometry/what was there, I took a nice square repeatable measurement with calipers to track progress, test fitting with the right size roll pin punch as a pin until happy, then reinstalled with the roll pin at the end.

When happy with the fit I did knock the sharp corner/edge off the mag catch that I created with a few file passes.