• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

accurate arms powder

NRAShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
For all those frustrated 4895, Varget and RL15 users who are now without, I suggest you look at AA2495, AA2520. Both powder provide good results in the 308 class of cartridges. I am told AA also makes a 4064 type powder.

I loaded several thousand rounds of match 308 ammo for my M1A with 41.7 grs AA 2495 and a 168gr SMK. Rem. 9 1/2 primer. Shot jutst great and would do it again.

Just a suggestion. Beats not shooting at all.

Re: accurate arms powder

AA 2520 is spherical and if I remember correctly it meters/throws pretty consistant. I have a tiny bit left in the bottom of a can. I think I have used it for a acquaintencies .220 swift also.

Re: accurate arms powder

My old Steyr SSG did well with AA2520 and 168 grain Sierra Internationals. It meters like water, which makes charging cases so easy and fast! Have been using it lately in .223 with my Tikka T3 Varmint, and I can ask for nothing better than the way these loads are shooting.

Cheers... Jim