• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

accurate long range 308 semi-auto

cooper_257

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Post Falls ID
I am in the market for a 308 semi-auto for shooting out to 1000 yards. i was looking at the new GAP 10, Les Baer Custom 308, LWRC REPR and POF . I was wondering what your thoughts are on these rifles as fare as accuracy, reliability, and weight. and if there are any other rifles for a better deal i should be looking at

Re: accurate long range 308 semi-auto

ANY of those AR's are accurate AND expensive, though in a gasser that's just a fact of life.Comes down to preferences and what you want to spend.Seems lately a lot of folks have been unloading some nice sticks at some pretty good prices so take a peek in the for sale section.Keep in mind they are ALL pretty heavy...

You really aren't going to find a "light" ar-10. That is just the nature of the beast. If you buy quality, accuracy tends to come with it.

I had the 308 AR bug just over a year ago. I ended up getting a Larue OBR with an 18" barrel.

+1 for POF my 16" very accurate sub MOA @ 100, no problem tagging targets @ 6-800 meters providing your useing good Optics. Not to mention POF's Customer service is excelent in my experience.
If you go with a DI I would closely look at the GAP-10 gauranteed accuracy and it's less expensive. That would be my choices for Piston and DI operating systems period bar none.