• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Accurate Mag compatibility with AIAW short action

jonesy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Louisville, KY
Before I get scolded for not using the "search" function, I already tried. Can't find anything about Accurate Mag compatibility.

I want to know if I can order a 308 10 round Accurate Mag and if it'll work just like my AIAW magazines. What confuses me is that the Accurate Mag 10 rounder is long, like a single stack, while my AIAW 10 rounder is short, like a double stack. Does anyone have any experience with Accurate Mags in their AIAW bottom metal?

Accurate magazines are AICS compatible, not necessarily AIAW magazine compatible.

What bottom metal are you running? Some BM is, or at least claims to be, compatible with either AICS or AW mags.

Accurate magazines are AICS compatible, not necessarily AIAW magazine compatible.

What bottom metal are you running? Some BM is, or at least claims to be, compatible with either AICS or AW mags.

My BM is AW compatible. The action is a Badger M2008 short action. I know it's AIAW compatible because I use an AIAW magazine now. I want to get more magazines, but I can't find them anywhere, so I want to know if Accurate Mags will work.

BlackOps BM, for example, will run either AW or AICS magazines.

Not sure that can be said for other BM. I still don't know what BM you are running. Know anybody with AICS magazines? Borrow one and see if it works in your BM. If you don't know anybody with AICS mags close to you, send me a PM for possible solution.

Accurate magazines are AICS style not AW style. AICS is a quasi double stack but center feed/single stack at top. AW is a true double stack that feeds from either side of magazine.

BlackOps BM, for example, will run either AW or AICS magazines.

Not sure that can be said for other BM. I still don't know what BM you are running. Know anybody with AICS magazines? Borrow one and see if it works in your BM. If you don't know anybody with AICS mags close to you, send me a PM for possible solution.

Accurate magazines are AICS style not AW style. AICS is a quasi double stack but center feed/single stack at top. AW is a true double stack that feeds from either side of magazine.

I thought the Accurate Mags were double stack?? This is where I'm confused. My BM will work with AICS mags I think, but my action will not feed from a center feed mag.

Last edited:
AICS mags are double stack, center feed. I've had rifles through here using M2008 action and AICS mags so I know that works.

AI AW mags are double stack, alternate side of mag it feeds from. Reason the AW mag is shorter is it is a true double stack mag, AICS mag is not.