• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate Mag struggle to load 10.

Wrongtarget

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2017
CA
Good morning I’ve searched for answers but no luck. I bought two Accurate mags and one AI for my new 6mm Creedmoor Bighorn. I’m getting my ass kicked trying to load the 10th round. I feel I have to about stand on it to load. This makes it a beast for the first round to load. I pulled the base of and noticed this spacer. The AI doesn’t have the spacer.
Is it not needed or used when the spring gets fatigued? If removed it takes pressure off and seems to be fine. I also sanded feed lips a little.
Hopefully not a stupid question as all I’ve used previous are Tikka mags and Magpul which I’ve never had this issue. Picture attached. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 6BF4D3E1-D869-44C1-B2F2-CAE1FF74B24D.jpeg
    6BF4D3E1-D869-44C1-B2F2-CAE1FF74B24D.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 22
  • E4708353-FD8F-40E4-86DB-D9C5F35B9A06.jpeg
    E4708353-FD8F-40E4-86DB-D9C5F35B9A06.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 17
I've got an accurate mag and it does not have that spacer in it. Have you tried removing the spacer and using the mag without it?

Briefly last night. Much easier. Just not sure if it’s there for a reason or if there will be issues running without. Thanks

I had the same exact issue with 3 of mine. I pulled that spacer on 2 of them to try and compare. Still stiff, but I can actually load 10 without needing a vise.

I think they added it to try and prevent people from loading to 11 and basically made the mag a 9 round mag. But I run mine regularly to 11 to have a spare for a stage.

Glad I wasn’t the only one. Thumb is still sore lol. They emailed me and said it would work fine without.