• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate Ordnance 338 Lapua

onajoyride

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
Farragut, TN
There are frustrating times in life when we deal with call centers in India, or get annoyed with someone at the local store. Then there are times we get great service and we feel good about a company. My experience with Accurate Ordnance far surpassed any expectations and hopes I could have asked for. Simply put they are OUTSTANDING. I had an idea for my 338LM and after chatting with Mark we had all the parts nailed down and ordered. We talked about a time line that would put the rifle in my hands before deer/ bear season and I was stoked. Some of the parts took longer than expected to get into his shop. It was looking like the gun would be completed when I was already gone for my trip, you could imagine my disappointment. Well Mark pulled some strings, the guys came in on a Sunday and at 4AM Monday so they could get it in the mail with enough time for me to do load development before my trip. The only bad part is now I want them to build all my guns because the accuracy and functionality of the rifle far surpasses all my other guns. My hat is of to the guys at Accurate Ordnance, simply put they are top notch.

Specs are
26" rock 1:9.3 twist with flutes
APA Fat Bastard
Timney single stage trigger
Pierce Action with 20 moa base
Accuracy International AX chassis in FDE
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50
Nightforce ultra light rings

My load is
Lapua brass
FED 215 match
Hornady 285gr bthp
92.7gr. of H-1000
Velocity is 2787 with a sd of 7

Re: Accurate Ordnance 338 Lapua

Beautiful rifle onajoyride! What was the turn around time from start to finish?

Great build - Mark and the guys do great work and their committment to getting it right for each and every client is without equal in my opinion. You are right though about getting hooked on their work. Before you know it they will be cranking out another one for you. I know, they are finishing up my third build about now!

Mark and company build excellent rifles. They have also done some special one offs for me in the past and each time their work has far exceeded my expectations. On top of that, they're just great guys.

P.S. Congrats to Mark on the new, little addition to the crew down there...

-Sean

The guys at Accurate Ordnance are awesome to work with, they built my first rifle for me and they'll be building the next one when I figure out what I want.

That build looks awesome!

+1 Congrats to Mark and Wife.

Order time was around 5 months. Would have been shorter except I was particular about the barrel. I posted a pic in the AO thread of the first kill I got with it. Huge congrats to Mark on the new addition:)

Great gun and great shop. Congratulations to you and to Mark on your new babies