• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate Ordnance Remington 721 (pics)

V-Taper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2008
Atlanta Georgia
First off, I would like to thank the guys at AO for my first custom build. Mark, Jason, and David are all honest stand up gentlemen that provide awesome customer service and build outstanding rifles.
2uo2q6o.jpg

Specs
long action .308 for now (got over 30lbs of Varget)
McMillan A3 50% OD 25% med Brn 25% med Gray
Badger M5 bottom metal
Rock 10 twist Sendero Contour 27 inches
Night Force 40moa rail
APA bolt knob
nf446p.jpg

fdr79k.jpg

b4fas5.jpg

2eofl3p.jpg

ae8kkw.jpg

Before the build, Mark, David, and Jason each individually took hours of their time on numerous occasions showing me all of my options. They made sure I got exactly what I wanted even if I was not sure.

Then after the build was completed...I had a balance of almost $250 and I was not able to settle. Mark's response "Anything to get you back here."

After shooting for the first time...I chipped my cheekpiece while running the bolt (long action). AO was there for me again. David inlet the cheekpiece, fit a Barsto barrel to my Glock 21 (AO does excellent handgun work in addition to their rifles), and made me a custom thread protector to fit under my cheek piece(all on the same day). Then at the close of business...David gave me a personal class on how to shoot and clean.

Needless to say I am very proud of my rifle and very proud to be an AO customer!!!

Re: Accurate Ordnance Remington 721

Very nice build. I have heard nothing but great things about AO. I inherited a 721 from my grandfather in .30-06 that I want to have rebuilt one day. What bipod is that?

Best,
Justin

Mine was a 30-06 as well...made in 1947. David did an incredible job on the 721 trigger and Jason did an incredible job on the action. Jason said the action really did not require much metal removal because 721s are pretty straight to begin with.

The bipod is a versa pod 50 with a picatinney adapter. I really like how the versa pod is easy to adjust for cant. Been spoiled on that and the USO internal level (feels like cheating being soo consistent).

The action and trigger feel soo much better on mine since I got it back. At the very minimum send your 721 to AO for a trigger job. It really does make a difference.

Also AO will give you options for your build. You would be amazed how knowledgible David, Jason and Mark are.
My rifle is in a Mcmillan but they can set yours up any way you want and they will fit it to you.

Their work really is incredible and their rifles shoot as good as they look.