• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurized Marlin 917

nbkky71

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2007
Davidson, NC
Here's my contribution to the rimfire forum: a Marlin 917V that I had accurized.

I've owned this rifle for a few years but never did any serious shooting with it since it never really shot that well. The best that I could get was about an inch at 100yds.

However, I found a 'smith that accurizes Marlin rifles and figured I'd give it a try. All the work was done by Aquila Precision Firearms (http://www.aquilafirearms.com)

Here's the laundry list of what I was done to the rifle:
- Receiver & bolt trued
- Barrel cut, threaded and re-chambered
- Barrel mounting screw moved to the receiver to free-float the barrel
- Action bedded
- Action Duracoated in satin black
- Riflebasix trigger

Rather than use the factory grooved scope base, I went with a scope base from Halo Manufacturing.

The stock is factory Marlin, but it's the grey laminate from a stainless VSF model instead of the standard walnut.

The optic is a Mk4 clone (30mm tube, 4.5-14x) that was laying around in the parts bin, as well as aftermarket 30mm rings. Unfortunately, I had to skimp on the optics due to budget constraints.

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

I've found that the rifle shoots Hornady 17gr v-max the best.

10 rounds, 100yds, NRA 100yd smallbore target:
target_1.jpg

10 rounds, 50yds, 3/4" black paster:
target_2.jpg

Overall I'm really pleased with the results. The work took a bit longer than expected due to some adminitrative delays, but I feel that it was well worth the money.

I can't wait to explode a varmint or two with this thing!
cool.gif

Re: Accurized Marlin 917

BEAUTIFUL RIFLE! looks like it's quite accrate also. i tried to take a look at the base on halo's website, didn't get much info. is it a sloped moa type?

I had read about the Halo mounts on this forum, but had to email the owners about the Marlin mounts. They weren't listed on the site, but they do make batches of them from time to time. I'm pretty sure that it has NO slope to it.

I'm glad you liked the job on your Marlin. We have finally gotten moved into our new building and our turn around times should come back down shortly as we get caught back up.

Thanks
Chris
Aquial Firearms