• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accushot BiPod application question

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
I have an Atlas BiPod on my AR rail. I want to use it on a bolt gun with a front sling swivel stud. Is there any application I can use to mount it?

You can drill another hole and use the existing swivel stud location for the second mounting hole and mount a rail to your stock's forend, but NO...there is no method for attaching the Atlas with the swivel stud itself.

There is a lengthy thread in the gunsmithing section that goes through the hardware, tools required and procedure for doing this mod on most commonly used synthetic stocks (HS, McM, Manners, etc.). Try running a search and look there for more info, but Accu-Shot, Seekins and others all make the small picatinny rail sections in various flavors/models to accommodate many different stocks and it isn't a difficult task to perform with some time and patience.

As a cautionary tale...you'll also find some single stud to picatinny rail adapters like those made by weaver and others like CAA, but in my experience helping folks I know replace broken ones...I'd skip that route and go with the much stronger and reliable mounting system above.